Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help with Power Acoustik cubby install...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Peak350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might have to enable the output on the settings page, or play a video to get it to display on that output, but thats the video output.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT owners have reported various problems with this device. Pioneer has corrected these problems (navigation and system performance issues) with a software update you can obtain from the company. I believe you install the update using the SD slot.

I don’t think this is the primary cause for the problem you report. You obviously have connected power correctly since your Power Acoustik displays the “No Signal.” What you don’t have is a successful composite video output to your remote LCD. Two possible reasons for this:
  • You are not connected to the Pioneer’s A/V composite output line. This is on the Pioneer’s harness (and not a dedicated RCA connector on the back of the unit).
  • You don’t have the device grounded to your parking brake (it won’t send video unless it’s connected properly and safely).
Your question is probably best addressed directly to Pioneer Support. They can help you solve this.

--Spike
Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
surfer05rdr

Originally Posted by Spike100
Pioneer AVIC-F900BT owners have reported various problems with this device. Pioneer has corrected these problems (navigation and system performance issues) with a software update you can obtain from the company. I believe you install the update using the SD slot.

I don’t think this is the primary cause for the problem you report. You obviously have connected power correctly since your Power Acoustik displays the “No Signal.” What you don’t have is a successful composite video output to your remote LCD. Two possible reasons for this:
  • You are not connected to the Pioneer’s A/V composite output line. This is on the Pioneer’s harness (and not a dedicated RCA connector on the back of the unit).
  • You don’t have the device grounded to your parking brake (it won’t send video unless it’s connected properly and safely).
Your question is probably best addressed directly to Pioneer Support. They can help you solve this.

--Spike
i only have the screen grounded to metal not to the parking brake so that may be the problem. how would i ground it to the parking brake. Just tap into the parking brake wire i suppose. I have downloaded the new software from a sd already and it did improve it alot. Esp. load time. Thanks spike
Old 03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Spike100

Hi Surfer,

I would think that if you have grounded the parking brake lead from the H/U, that would be enough to have video going to the remote Power Acoustik screen (so I think you have this covered and it’s not the source of your problem).

Is it the navigation image that you want to send to the remote screen? Maybe the Pioneer Avic F900BT cannot do this? I don’t have access to this device so I cannot tell you for sure.

Have you tested another video source? For sure you should be able to send video you connect to the AV/Input (e.g., a rearview camera image or DVD video) via the Pioneer’s AV/Output to your remote Power Acoustik LCD.

I would send email to Pioneer Support describing your problem. They will provide the answer (Pioneer Support is very good).

--Spike

BTW: Your installation (shown in post #8) looks great. Nice job!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 PM
surfer05rdr

Hi Surfer,

I would think that if you have grounded the parking brake lead from the H/U, that would be enough to have video going to the remote Power Acoustik screen (so I think you have this covered and it’s not the source of your problem).

Is it the navigation image that you want to send to the remote screen? Maybe the Pioneer Avic F900BT cannot do this? I don’t have access to this device so I cannot tell you for sure.

Have you tested another video source? For sure you should be able to send video you connect to the AV/Input (e.g., a rearview camera image or DVD video) via the Pioneer’s AV/Output to your remote Power Acoustik LCD.

I would send email to Pioneer Support describing your problem. They will provide the answer (Pioneer Support is very good).

--Spike

BTW: Your installation (shown in post #8) looks great. Nice job!

i cant get any video to show up on the power acoustik screen at all. It just says no signal. I can play dvds and such on the pioneer with no problem. I hook up the av cable that comes from behind the screen to the one rear video output on the h/u and there is still no screen. Im am using a cord that say is use for speaker hook ups to hook up the screen to the h/u. Is there a special cord that i need to hook up. Im using that cord cuz its has two male ends on it. Im puzzled
Old 03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by surfer05rdr
i cant get any video to show up on the power acoustik screen at all. It just says no signal. I can play dvds and such on the pioneer with no problem. I hook up the av cable that comes from behind the screen to the one rear video output on the h/u and there is still no screen. Im am using a cord that say is use for speaker hook ups to hook up the screen to the h/u. Is there a special cord that i need to hook up. Im using that cord cuz its has two male ends on it. Im puzzled
re> "Im am using a cord that say is use for speaker hook ups to hook up the screen to the h/u."

That's the problem. To send video, you need to connect the AV/Out from the Pioneer to the AV/In on the Power Acoustik LCD monitor.
----------------
re> "Is there a special cord that i need to hook up. Im using that cord cuz its has two male ends on it."

The cable you use here does have male connectors on both ends. It's an RCA connection for composite video from your Pioneer H/U AV/Out to the Power Acoustik LCD's AV/In.

--Spike
Old 03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Peak350

^ I don't think thats what hes saying.

He is saying he is using a standard RCA cable to make the connection, and IIRC high end audio cables are simply high grade video coax, so it shouldn't matter.

Getting the connections right and having the right settings will determine the functionality.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Spike100

^^ I think he's connecting right/left audio and expecting video.

It's not the cables or connectors that make any difference here. The solution is determining the correct composite video connections.

--Spike
Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
surfer05rdr

^^ I think he's connecting right/left audio and expecting video.

It's not the cables or connectors that make any difference here. The solution is determining the correct composite video connections.

--Spike
no im not connecting any audio only video but. The cord i have is a 12ft blue cord that you would use to connect subwoofers in a car. Thats the only thing that i have that has two male connecters on both ends. so is that wrong or do i need a cord that is only for video
Old 03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Spike100

^^ The cable you are using is correct for connecting composite video.

So... the problem is either you are not connecting to an AV/out on the Pioneer and an AV/in on the Power Acoutik, or you have not set your Pioneer to output video to it's AV/out port.

Another problem may be that your video source from the Pioneer cannot output to a remote monitor (I'm thinking you may not be able to output navigation to a remote monitor, if in fact that is what you are trying to do).

--Spike
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
surfer05rdr

^^ The cable you are using is correct for connecting composite video.

So... the problem is either you are not connecting to an AV/out on the Pioneer and an AV/in on the Power Acoutik, or you have not set your Pioneer to output video to it's AV/out port.

Another problem may be that your video source from the Pioneer cannot output to a remote monitor (I'm thinking you may not be able to output navigation to a remote monitor, if in fact that is what you are trying to do).

--Spike
there is only one av coming out from the remote monitor. and im hooking that up to the rear video ouput on the h/u. An i havent change nothing on the pioneer unit itself cuz i have looked but i havent seen anything that i need to change
Old 03-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Spike100

^^ It's time to contact Pioneer Support. They provide good help and can work with you to solve this problem.

--Spike
Old 03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
surfer05rdr

^^ It's time to contact Pioneer Support. They provide good help and can work with you to solve this problem.

--Spike
well i contacted pioneer an they werent much help. They seem to think that it is a bad rear montior output plug that comes the the pioneer h/u. they told me to mail in the plug and they will send me another one but i dont have the warranty info because im the second owner of this h/u.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Spike100

Well crap… It’s always a disappointment when you have a device that isn’t working correctly but no warranty.

I don’t have access to a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT; but if I remember correctly, the AV/out connector is part of the harness (Is that correct?).

OK, let’s approach this differently. First test the Power Acoustik LCD so you are certain this is working correctly. The easy way to do this is connecting it’s AV/in using your RCA composite video connector and wire from a TV’s AV/out (maybe use your home video TV). You power the LCD with a 12v source (a test unit or even a 12v battery). It’s always a good idea to test your 12v stuff before going to a lot of installation effort only to discover you have a faulty device.

If that works, then it must be the AV/out line from the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT, or possibly an incorrect setting on the AVIC.

Note: There are problem reports for the AVIC-F900BT, but I'm not sure if these are the cause of your trouble.

Please let us know how you solve this problem.

--Spike
Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
CAVZ33

It's not the monitor it was tested before I shipped it to him. It worked fine with my DNX7100.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Peak350

You need to find something to test the harness with.

The RCA is just two wires, test the resistance across them, if they check out then its not the issue...
Old 03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by CAVZ33
It's not the monitor it was tested before I shipped it to him. It worked fine with my DNX7100.
Oops (on my testing comments )... obviously Surfer might be telling you there is a problem with the Power Acoustik you sold to him. Certainly that is not true (a problem with the Power Acoustik) since you tested and used the device, and it was working perfectly.

In fact, if the Power Acoustik was not working properly, the OP would not get the "No Input" display.

The Power Acoustik is just fine. The problem is an AV/out issue with the AVIC, or incorrect settings to display remote video.

My guess is that Surfer has the composite video connection or the AVIC's setting messed up, or there is a problem with the AVIC's AV/out connection.

--Spike
Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM
CAVZ33

No worries^^ I think it's time for him to take it to the shop.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Spike100

^^ I agree. The Power Acoustik is obviously working and not the problem.

His best help will come from Pioneer or a good Professional Installer. The AVIC suffers from several problems (including AV/out, which is his problem report).

My instict is that the problem is an incorrect connection or wrong setting on the AVIC. Past those issues, it's a hardware/software problem with the AVIC.

--Spike
Old 03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
surfer05rdr

^^ I agree. The Power Acoustik is obviously working and not the problem.

His best help will come from Pioneer or a good Professional Installer. The AVIC suffers from several problems (including AV/out, which is his problem report).

My instict is that the problem is an incorrect connection or wrong setting on the AVIC. Past those issues, it's a hardware/software problem with the AVIC.

--Spike
Nooo... i never said there was any problem with the montior. It works fine CavZ33 is a good seller and good guy and montior was just as he described. It powers up and everything fine just cant get signal. I have taken it to two differnet installers and they can not figure it out. I have contacted pioneer and they cant figure it out. Pioneer walked me thru on what i should have the H/U itself set up as and i have everything right so im assuming that it has to do something with the pioneer wiring harness. Although it is brand new H/U. The guy that i bought it from bought it to put it in his vette but never got around to it. The only thing i can maybe think of is that when i uploaded the new software to the pioneer that maybe something happen. I have read up on avic411 and have seen some similar cases where this has happen. I just dont know yet

Quick Reply: Help with Power Acoustik cubby install...