Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Replacement front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:01 AM
shinz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement front speakers

the other day, the front left speaker stopped working on my 03 touring bose. Rather than replacing it with another bose unit, I think I'd rather just get something aftermarket as the bose wasn't the best sounding anyway. I don't want to get too carried away since i'm not much of an audiophile, so i'm just looking for decent replacements, nothing near top of the line. I have an amp already that I could use to power the speakers, it's alpine mrv-f340 amp. As for the speakers, i was thinking of getting Infinity Reference 6020cs since my budget is fairly low for this project. are those decent enough or is there another brand I should go for that's similarly priced. Thanks.

Currently on the stock HU, but have a 10" image dynamics sub with z enclosure.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
StreetOC192

For someone on about a $100 budget for front components, I would recommend a set of CDT CL-S60A over the infinity reference series.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5207/CLS6...t-Speakers.htm
Old 08-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend actually listening to your proposed speakers with a demo disk of your own music.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
bigaudiofanatic
Banned

I am going to throw my info in here. Even if you upgrade your speakers bose is still going to control those speakers how it wants, and you will not be able to use the crossover that comes with your speakers. If I was you I would upgrade the entire system and be done. Because something else will go weather it be their head unit or a bose amp, and than you will have to get something new to replace them.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:50 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigaudiofanatic
I am going to throw my info in here. Even if you upgrade your speakers bose is still going to control those speakers how it wants, and you will not be able to use the crossover that comes with your speakers. If I was you I would upgrade the entire system and be done. Because something else will go weather it be their head unit or a bose amp, and than you will have to get something new to replace them.
Should probably read his post first. He said he has an amp.

Terry
Old 08-14-2009, 08:18 PM
mattman87

When it comes down to it, you definitely want to invest more into your front speakers than your rear ones. I say this for two reasons; they are components, so they cost more anyway (i.e. $100 might get you a decent rear speaker but only afford a crappy set of front speakers)...and second, the rear speakers blast right into your headrests, so why focus the cash there.

I have Boston Acoustics SL65's in back - $150 or so and S60 components in the front I paid like $200 but now they've dropped~ like $120 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...stics+S60.html

Finally, don't forget you have to rewire everything (for 4 ohm speakers) and that unless the sub has its own amp, you will either lose it, or have to give 2 of the apline's 4 channels to it. Which you can do, but will definitely overheat the amp if its in an enclosed space (e.g. glove box).