Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Fitting speakers in the doors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Katana

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fitting speakers in the doors...

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 6.1 Perfects and I'm just wondering if they'll fit... I searched and couldn't find a reference to this question... will I need spacers, and if so, where do I find them? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Check your replacement speaker mounting’s specification sheet.

If the depth from wall dimension is greater than 2.5” (63.5mm), the speaker may not fit the stock door position. 2.7” (68mm) is about the limit.

If it’s less than this, you can mount the speaker inside the door using the stock mount.

Additional Points:
  • You will need a spacer, and the stock one might work. Don’t worry that you are separating this from the OEM speaker since you won’t need to preserve this piece of junk (the speaker housing). If that doesn’t work, just use a custom spacer (if you cannot do this yourself, any shop can provide this for your installation).

• The cheap OEM Bose or Clarion front/door midrange speakers do not produce enough bass to rattle the door panel, but any decent component speaker will rattle your door panel if you mount the midrange in the stock door position. That means you should install sound deadening along with your new and better speaker.
Hope this info is useful,

--Spike
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 PM
migz_0320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

zenclosures makes speaker spacers, just make sure u know the inside diameter and all.. they're only like 27 bucks total... i used my oem ones.. oh and by the way, audio threads in here are great... pretty much got all teh ideas from everyone ine here... just search up and im sure ur q's will be answered.... best of luck..