Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help install ipod to bose factory stereo

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:12 AM
HEYROBI1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Help install ipod to bose factory stereo

Does any one know how or what steps to install an ipod to factory bose stereo. i have an 06 with cd changer, touring non-nav. I want the direct cable not the wirless fm transmitter kind.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:06 AM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not possible. Best way to go is get an aftermarket deck
Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the forum, most questions can be found with using the search function.

I typed "ipod bose" into the search menu and was given the following:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...-question.html
Old 05-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Ninjadaddy

Best buy sold an adapter kit and would install also for around $200. I have an 03 but mine has a cassette deck so I bought a satalite radio adapter cassette for $20 and it works perfect. The ipod acts as a pre-amp
Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 PM
mrblah

USASPEC iPod adapter PA11-N1S

I bought this adapter, it connects to the BOSE HU, and has work flawlessly.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:03 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I recommend that you stay away from the PAC Audio NIS2. The sound quality and the interface is pretty bad. Unfortunately, if you want to keep your factory XM AND have Ipod control, this is pretty much your only option.

If you don't want to take my advise and still want to try it, I'll sell you mine for cheap. I just want to get rid of it.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:17 PM
HEYROBI1001

Originally Posted by zakmartin
I recommend that you stay away from the PAC Audio NIS2. The sound quality and the interface is pretty bad. Unfortunately, if you want to keep your factory XM AND have Ipod control, this is pretty much your only option.

If you don't want to take my advise and still want to try it, I'll sell you mine for cheap. I just want to get rid of it.

THANKS but no thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 10:37 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

LOL. You're smarter than I was. To be honest, I don't think there's any elegant solution to the lack of IPOD integration on the factory HU. The only real solution is to buy a new stereo.

The primary issue with the PAC Audio adapter is that the volume level cuts to half compared to what you hear from the factory radio & cd player. Also, the control functions between the HU and the Ipod adapter are counter-intuitive and don't always work.

I spent a LOT of time on the phone with customer support at PAC and in all honesty, those guys are completely useless. They work off of a script and can't think for themselves. They also make up stories that aren't true. For example, they told me I had an early version of the adapter and that it lacked the built-in aplifier that came with the new version, and that was why the volume level was so crappy. So I returned it and bought the "new" version from an authorized dealer. Same results. They then told me it was because my new version needed to be flashed with the newest software, so I flashed it and it made no difference. In fact, it screwed up the interface even worse than before, so ended up reloading the old software. The guys at PAC are a bunch of nose pickers.

Bottom line is that the PAC adapter sort of works, but it doesn't sound very good and you need to carry around a flow chart to figure out the controls.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:02 PM
HEYROBI1001

Thanks to every one for the info i think i will change whole system i have a subwoffer but i just dont know about the speakers. Can anyone recomend the size and makes of both rear and front speakers?