Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Can someone please help me with my radio installation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
biznut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone please help me with my radio installation?

Ok guys, I have a stock 2003 Bose system, and I have most of the wiring done, except for two wires, pictured below:

One is a black and white wire that says "Amplifier Ground." The other is a blue and white which says "Amplifier Power."

Here is a picture of the harness for my radio:

I know that the RCA's from the metra harness plug into the Red/White from the new headunit, but what about the two wires listed above? The head unit does not have wiring for this. PLEASE HELP????

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:02 PM
MUZZY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Not too clear. But I think I know what you are saying. I do not have a bose. So the following information is from my knowledge of sound systems.

The blue wire is and you confirmed the amp wire. and the black is ground. The purpose of the blue wire is: to tell the amp to turn on when you have your redio on.

The problem is your Head unit does not seam to have an amp wire (it is blue). so to fix this just connect to ignition 12v or a constant 12v with a switch. Do not let it be connected to 12v constant. It will leave your bose amp on all the time.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
revvenue

+1 for Muzzy. Ground the black wire and connect the blue wire to the amp's turn-on. It is an ACC wire.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM
biznut

Originally Posted by MUZZY
Ok Not too clear. But I think I know what you are saying. I do not have a bose. So the following information is from my knowledge of sound systems.

The blue wire is and you confirmed the amp wire. and the black is ground. The purpose of the blue wire is: to tell the amp to turn on when you have your redio on.

The problem is your Head unit does not seam to have an amp wire (it is blue). so to fix this just connect to ignition 12v or a constant 12v with a switch. Do not let it be connected to 12v constant. It will leave your bose amp on all the time.
+2 MUZZY. One last question though. Since there is already a blue wire present, does this mean I have to splice 3 into one? (Blue from harness, blue from H/U, and white/blue from harness)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM
revvenue

You just need to have an ACC connection from the headunit to the amp. However you do that is up to you .
Old 07-07-2010, 06:41 PM
biznut

Got it!!!!!!!1111 I spliced the amp power with the antenna power! FYI for future members, I combined 4 ground wires (brake line for bypass, black ground from harness, black ground from head unit, and black/white ground from harness)! I then combine blue wire from harness, blue wire from head unit, and blue/white from harness! Worked like a charm! Thanks guys!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 PM
orgasm_donor

For future reference, sometimes connecting your amplfier to an accessory circuit will cause some turn on/off 'pop' which is why there is usually a delay in the remote wire to avoid this problem. When possible, use the remote wire to turn on the amps not ACC+.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
revvenue

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
For future reference, sometimes connecting your amplfier to an accessory circuit will cause some turn on/off 'pop' which is why there is usually a delay in the remote wire to avoid this problem. When possible, use the remote wire to turn on the amps not ACC+.
Trudat Orgasm. I was using ACC/remote interchangeably but you are correct. (as always :P)