Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Installing Bose audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 AM
pwrfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Installing Bose audio

Can I install a Bose head unit, amp and sub in a 2006 350Z Roadster Enthusiast
that has a non Bose audio now. I have a friend that has all the Bose components from a 2006 350Z coupe touring. I have been told that it will work and also that it will not work. Need some good advice on this matter. thank you.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome. Not certain if the wiring harness is the same. Look at the parts manual.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:25 AM
pwrfreak

Can u get a new wiring harness for the Bose?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:40 PM
krnzzang84

yea but that wiring harness is central one which has 10+ harness on it!! so basically you have to remove everything and reinstall which lots of people think not worth of doing it. but it is def doable just not cost effective
Old 10-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Linuxglobal

Originally Posted by pwrfreak
Can u get a new wiring harness for the Bose?
your car doesnt have the sub or amp so all of the speaker cables first run to the amp and then back to the HU.

I did something similar in my old car when i had to relocate the amp from the front to the trunk. Its not a huge deal but be prepared to tear out the hu, center console and rear speaker region.

Is he also giving you the sub and amp from his touring?
Old 10-16-2010, 06:28 AM
pmab9918

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I would not even waste my time with it. Stock Bose sucks ***, I would just get something aftermarket if money is not a big deal.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Linuxglobal

Originally Posted by pmab9918
Personally I would not even waste my time with it. Stock Bose sucks ***, I would just get something aftermarket if money is not a big deal.
it depends on how much he is getting the stock bose for. It is certainly better than the non bose

I dont have anything else to compare it with (yet) but i like the sound of my stock bose so far with the avic d3, certainly louder than the stock hu. I guess i will know once i start upgrading the speakers sub and amp what i've been missing out on.

Anyways back on topic, if you are determined enough and are happy with the stock bose like you heard it in your friends touring, then id say go for it.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:41 AM
pmab9918

Originally Posted by Linuxglobal
it depends on how much he is getting the stock bose for. It is certainly better than the non bose

I dont have anything else to compare it with (yet) but i like the sound of my stock bose so far with the avic d3, certainly louder than the stock hu. I guess i will know once i start upgrading the speakers sub and amp what i've been missing out on.

Anyways back on topic, if you are determined enough and are happy with the stock bose like you heard it in your friends touring, then id say go for it.
Yeah I switched from a Kenwood to a Avic 920 on stock bose, you are right it is a lot louder. Now I am looking at getting Focal to replace the stock speakers. Dont get me wrong, stock bose sounds decent but they dont make the best audio for cars. I was suprised when I pulled off the door panel to see how cheap they were. They are like walmart quality with a bose sticker on them haha.

But yeah if you have the time to run the wires and everything it would be a upgrade from the other factory speakers.

Last edited by pmab9918; 10-16-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Linuxglobal

Originally Posted by pmab9918
Yeah I switched from a Kenwood to a Avic 920 on stock bose, you are right it is a lot louder. Now I am looking at getting Focal to replace the stock speakers. Dont get me wrong, stock bose sounds decent but they dont make the best audio for cars. I was suprised when I pulled off the door panel to see how cheap they were. They are like walmart quality with a bose sticker on them haha.

But yeah if you have the time to run the wires and everything it would be a upgrade from the other factory speakers.
OMG really is it that bad? did you take any pics of the stocks? I expected them to be pretty ugly behind that nice plastic (just like the sub).

BTW question of my own (mini hijack) but im thinking of getting a kenwood dnx9960 to replace my avic D3, would the kenwood be a bad choice?

Cheers
C
Old 10-16-2010, 07:27 AM
pmab9918

Originally Posted by Linuxglobal
OMG really is it that bad? did you take any pics of the stocks? I expected them to be pretty ugly behind that nice plastic (just like the sub).

BTW question of my own (mini hijack) but im thinking of getting a kenwood dnx9960 to replace my avic D3, would the kenwood be a bad choice?

Cheers
C
Well im not a audio guru or anything but I know crap when I see it. Clarion actually makes the Bose headunit so I would not be surprised if it was the same for the speakers. The cone of the speaker look and feel like they used recycled toilet paper lol.

Sorry I did not get any pics of the speakers but you can pop off the door panel in a minute and see for yourself. In my opnion I would never get "premium" bose in a car again, just not worth it. You can probably get a cheap set up at Best Buy and it would sound way better.

I had the dnx 5140 and decided it was time for a upgrade, plus I picked up the avic 920 as for a good deal and could not pass it up. The only bad thing is the nav kind of sucks on the avic which is not good for me because I get lost easy haha.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:57 AM
cbohn712

This is a thread on whether or not the Bose system will work with the non-Bose vehicles. Keep your responses on topic. I'm attempting to find a valid answer and am forced to read through non-pertinent information. Take your convos elsewhere.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:08 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Way to ***** about a 5 year old conversation about the dumbest topic ever suggested. The only place the bose audio from a touring edition Z belongs is the garbage.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by cbohn712
This is a thread on whether or not the Bose system will work with the non-Bose vehicles. Keep your responses on topic. I'm attempting to find a valid answer and am forced to read through non-pertinent information. Take your convos elsewhere.
It’s actually a complicated issue, but it seems you want a direct response: The short answer is “No, you cannot.”

With that said, I admit it is possible to do this, but requires a lot of work and unnecessary expense that includes adding hardware to a deficient system. And when you get done, the sound is awful. The long answer is yes, but you do not want to do this.