Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Glovebox subwoofer concerns

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
TURBOROADSTER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got done mounting a SRQ box in my Roadster . Amp is in the other compartment . Had to use longer bolts in the 2 bottom holes , but Oem panel fits back on perfect . Very tight clean bass , and only one rattle issue that I fixed .
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
AlT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turboroadster,
What amp and subwoofer did you use? Are you satisfied with the build quality of the SRQ box? Did you use the stock cover or did you use a grilled cover? Where was the rattle coming from? Pics would be nice. Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

i put a link in my post on the first page w multiple large installed pictures of the box.

Its just a woofer box, theres a thousand amps that would work fine. The most sound youre going to get in that box is a JL 13TW5-3, period.

I ahve this box sitting in my garage. Its a great deal at 120 bucks shipped. You will find nothing less as the wicked CAS box loaded w the 13tw5 is 850 dollars.

600 rms.. use an Alpine, I always do. D Class, regulted power supply.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
TURBOROADSTER

Originally Posted by AlT
Turboroadster,
What amp and subwoofer did you use? Are you satisfied with the build quality of the SRQ box? Did you use the stock cover or did you use a grilled cover? Where was the rattle coming from? Pics would be nice. Thanks
Pioneeer Premier Prs-D4200F 4 channel amp . 2 channels are powering a 6.5" component set in the doors . The remaining 2 are bridged to the Pioneer Premier TS-W1008D2 10" sub . The rears are run off of the decks power for rear fill (Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD) . I have a Roadster , the rattle was coming from the Glass (wind deflector) vibrating against the plastic panel .

Last edited by TURBOROADSTER; 03-06-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:54 AM
TURBOROADSTER

A few more .

Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 AM
AlT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Turboroadster,

Thanks for the pics, it was really helpful seeing someone's actual enclosure and seeing your installation. Is it just excess glue on the side angle picture of the box or is it starting to separate? I have the Pioneer 4200 too, did you use the AutoEq feature? Dependent of the microphone position, it really makes a big difference IMO. I did increase the bass (Basslink) more after the Autoeq. I'm really happy with the Basslink, but sometimes I just want a bit more bass than what the Basslink can provide. It looks like the SRQ box may be the option I'm looking for.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
TURBOROADSTER

Originally Posted by AlT
Hey Turboroadster,

Thanks for the pics, it was really helpful seeing someone's actual enclosure and seeing your installation. Is it just excess glue on the side angle picture of the box or is it starting to separate? I have the Pioneer 4200 too, did you use the AutoEq feature? Dependent of the microphone position, it really makes a big difference IMO. I did increase the bass (Basslink) more after the Autoeq. I'm really happy with the Basslink, but sometimes I just want a bit more bass than what the Basslink can provide. It looks like the SRQ box may be the option I'm looking for.
Just excess glue . I dont think the box will separate , as it is glued and nailed together , They then add a couple of coats of fiberglass resin to the entire inside of the box . If you go with the SRQ box , make sure you use a Sub that requires a small sealed enclosure . As far as fitting the sub , I actually had to remove the plastic magnet cover on my sub , so that it would fit .
Old 04-21-2011, 09:21 AM
2fasst

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBOROADSTER
Just excess glue . I dont think the box will separate , as it is glued and nailed together , They then add a couple of coats of fiberglass resin to the entire inside of the box . If you go with the SRQ box , make sure you use a Sub that requires a small sealed enclosure . As far as fitting the sub , I actually had to remove the plastic magnet cover on my sub , so that it would fit .
very nice! Could you comment on the weight of your SRQ Box plus your 10" sub? That's probably 30~35lbs I would say. How's your aluminum frame holding up to all that weight and how is it holding up now?

I'm considering this option as well to save space. I appreciate your inputs!