Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer Premier DEH-840mp head unit mounting

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 12:56 PM
lascala26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your installation is similar to mine. I have Boston Acoustics all the way around, but all my sound seems like it is coming from the front left. I am hoping that some sound shaping can change that.
I am trying to keep that stock look. I can't deal with the Bose sound anymore. I invested $1600 into the system and it doesn't sound like it should. I am hoping the head unit completes the job.

Does your head unit power the rear speakers by any chance?
Old 12-04-2003, 01:17 PM
patrickswg

Originally posted by lascala26
Does this head unit allow you to change the timing in the car in order to produce the best possible imaging. I think it looks great, but the blue lights are disappointing.
Time alignment is found on the pioneer 940mp. the 940mp also has settings where you can change the listening environment that best suits the size of your car. For instance, there is sedan, compact, and suv settings. futhermore, the 940mp comes with auto something or other i dont know whats its called off hand but you basically attach a microphone from the headunit to the drivers side headrest and the car will play a series of tones that will automatically give you the best sound staging. i think the 940mp is the only headunit with these features but i'm not sure.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:24 PM
lascala26

Thanks!!!

Any recommendations on where to buy? Isn't that one black, not silver too?
Old 12-04-2003, 01:31 PM
patrickswg

its silver its an awesome unit. takes awhile to get used to the controls though. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...tailComponent# there is a link to the specifications, go down to the audio selection category to see what i'm talking about. i bought mine off ebay for like 500-600 dollars which is probably the cheapest your going to get for it.
Old 12-05-2003, 03:56 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

lascala26:
I used 2 channels from my 4 channel Phoenix Gold amp to power the rears, but the gains are set way down. I could have used the head unit to power them, but I preferred to use the amp instead, since it had RCA outputs for front/rear/sub.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:33 PM
lascala26

Onecoolee,

Please check your PM. I have a question for you. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:54 AM
onecoolee

it takes the place of the metra kit...but I used both for my install since the plate made my head unit stick out pretty far...
Old 01-18-2004, 06:38 AM
GODD

Question Pioneer HU

Hi Guys!

I'm from Austria/Europe and really enjoy reading this forum. Gives me many good information. I'm driving now a new Jetta and will change on the first februar days to my new Lady (already order many weeks ago)....

I have something important I would like to know and i really hope you can help me!!!!
I'll get a track model with the bose system and I want to change the HU to my Pioneer DEH-940MP using the Bose Speakers. Is just "ripping" the old thing out and putting the new in all it has to be done (I know Bose is 2 Dins high...) or will I face more problems?
Oh and I would like to use the "pre-inst." phone system I hope this will still work (in fact that's the most important thing).

In advance thanks very much for your help I really can't wait to drive this Lady like you already do!

br
Toni

Last edited by GODD; 01-18-2004 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:54 AM
onecoolee

No, it won't be as simple as changing the head unit....here is why:

The Bose system uses a differential amp, and this amp is located in the hatch...if you wire the current wiring from the Pioneer HU to the Bose amp, it will not work properly. The only way will be to rewire the system directly to the speakers, to bypass the Bose amp. However, this will eliminate the Bose subwoofer since the amp will nto be getting any input signal. Without adding aftermarket amps too, it is very difficult to repalce the head unit only in a Bose setup.

As far as the phone setup goes, I assume you mean muting circuit. Yes, the Pioneer has mute capability, but you will have to look into how your phone works and if it has an output mute control line, which will need to be hooked to your Pioneer head unit.

I hope this helps...
Old 01-18-2004, 07:17 AM
GODD

Onecoolee, thanks a lot for your FAST reply. That's the reason why I ask you guys!

I thought it wouldn't be that easy reading the other threads here

Well I got some Rockford FNQ 3614 speakers from my Jetta and if I have to wire everything new I would put them into the car with the amps I also have from Fosgate.

Still, one important thing is that I want to use my (pre-installed Nissan) phone system. The catalogue says that I just have to buy an adapter and it will work. Maybe someone knows more about this?

Toni
Old 01-19-2004, 06:05 AM
onecoolee

I don't think we (in the states) have an option for the preinstalled Nissan phone system, so I can't help you too much there since I have no idea what the output signal looks like...