Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio Advice for 07 Touring (Bose)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audio Advice for 07 Touring (Bose)

Hi everyone, I'm just here to get some advice on what I should do to get the following while my Z gots the Blose. I'm currently finishing up grad school so my funds are a little bit limited so I don't want to dump like $3000 at once. But here's what I've came up with:

Priority:
Double din HU - Pioneer x930bt
iPod / Aux input interface
10" JL W7
Steering wheel controls

Would be nice to have
Reverse Camera
New component speakers

The Bose system is pretty bad when I crank up the Bass because the EQ is very hard to adjust precisely and music ends up sounding bland when Bass gets turned up. My friend let me ride in his Z this past weekend and his system just consists of a JL W6, stock everything else audio-wise. It sounded pretty amazing. It seems like the Bose speakers are fine when turned up, but it's mostly the Sub that's the culprit (due to EQ settings for bumping up the bass).

As for my situation, I would like to get the Pioneer x930bt double din HU as main priority so I can use my iPod or phone for music. Secondly on the list would be drop a 10" JL W7. Then afterwards, get new component speakers + speakers behind seats.

I'd like to spend $1-2k at a time to get my setup going. I've priced the headunit out to about $1000 with the iPod/aux interface, steering wheel controls, and reverse camera. So for the time being, while keeping everything else stock (not swapping out the bose speakers / subs), if I get the headunit do I need to get a new amp, and if I do need a new amp, what kind should I get? This is all keeping in mind I will upgrade to $400-500 component speakers down the road.

I also know the W7 + it's mono amp will total around $1k as well and maybe a few hundred more for a box.

So any suggestions?
Old 08-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Deteria

bump anyone?
Old 08-27-2011, 07:20 PM
hellogoodbye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you seriously asking if you can hook up a JL W7 to the stock 350z amp, or am I missing something?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:09 PM
PeterFromSDiego

Originally Posted by hellogoodbye
Are you seriously asking if you can hook up a JL W7 to the stock 350z amp, or am I missing something?
Yeah what he said. The Bose system we have in our cars blow.

I am actually getting a new system installed tomorrow actually. I would highly suggest these additional items:

-Decent amp. Trust me
-4 infinity speakers
Old 08-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Deteria

I need some advice on planning. I don't really want to be dumping like 3-5k all at once. What I really want to do is get a double din HU 1st. Perhaps get an aftermarket amp too. But if I do that, can I still use my stock bose speakers / subs? Then later on, I upgrade my speakers / subs?
Old 08-28-2011, 02:50 PM
beezee

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

What exactly did your friend do?. You said his sound was amazing. Well if so then why not do that and install an iPod adapter to serve those iPod needs. (PA15-NIS).
I have one with my stock bose.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
hellogoodbye

Originally Posted by Deteria
I need some advice on planning. I don't really want to be dumping like 3-5k all at once. What I really want to do is get a double din HU 1st. Perhaps get an aftermarket amp too. But if I do that, can I still use my stock bose speakers / subs? Then later on, I upgrade my speakers / subs?
Sounds like you have it figured out; get your head unit first. Then 2nd when you have the cash buy the amp AND speakers and re-wire everything; don't even think about adding an aftermarket amp to your stock speakers, or a stock amp to a W7!