Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New system help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New system help

Hi Guys,

Now that the performance side of the car is done. I am looking to build a nice clean system. I am not looking to really compete or anything, but I want something that sounds good and clear.

In the car now, Alpine W200 H/U

After talking to a friend of mine, he suggested I go this route.

ARC Audio XDi804
ARC Audio XDi1000.1
Hybrid Audio Imagine series 6.5's x2
3 JL Audio 10w3v3 Subs

Feel free to put in any suggestions. I am somewhat a newb so, I do not mind help.

Thanks

Jeremiah
Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 AM
DBTre50z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Total D
Hi Guys,

Now that the performance side of the car is done. I am looking to build a nice clean system. I am not looking to really compete or anything, but I want something that sounds good and clear.

In the car now, Alpine W200 H/U

After talking to a friend of mine, he suggested I go this route.

ARC Audio XDi804
ARC Audio XDi1000.1
Hybrid Audio Imagine series 6.5's x2
3 JL Audio 10w3v3 Subs

Feel free to put in any suggestions. I am somewhat a newb so, I do not mind help.

Thanks

Jeremiah
With regards to the speakers you list, many people on here will suggest you only go with a good set of components up front, amplified of course. Also regarding the subs, the only sub boxes to my knowledge that support 3 subs are the fiberglass ones. Be sure to include a few hundred in your budget for it. Many people go with only 2 10s because there are more available options.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 AM
uberz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your friend gave you some solid suggestions. One thing I might suggest is to consider upgrading your front stage. HAT makes some amazing stuff! To my understanding, the Imagine series was designed to perform best in a coaxial setup. An upgrade to the Clarus line in the front might be beneficial. You really just need to listen to them yourself and decide if its worth the extra money. As DB said, some guys ditch rear fill altogether. That could free up some money for a better front stage, it really depends on your preference though, some like rear fill.

Last edited by uberz33; 10-11-2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: to credit db
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Total D

Originally Posted by DBTre50z
With regards to the speakers you list, many people on here will suggest you only go with a good set of components up front, amplified of course. Also regarding the subs, the only sub boxes to my knowledge that support 3 subs are the fiberglass ones. Be sure to include a few hundred in your budget for it. Many people go with only 2 10s because there are more available options.
I was told the speakers can be ran either in a coax setup or component setup. On the box, I am prepared for the cost. Was going to use one of the boxes from a vendor here. Going with 2 10s is still an option as I have not put what I want in stone yet. Thats why I made this thread. Thanks for your input.

Originally Posted by uberz33
Your friend gave you some solid suggestions. One thing I might suggest is to consider upgrading your front stage. HAT makes some amazing stuff! To my understanding, the Imagine series was designed to perform best in a coaxial setup. An upgrade to the Clarus line in the front might be beneficial. You really just need to listen to them yourself and decide if its worth the extra money. As DB said, some guys ditch rear fill altogether. That could free up some money for a better front stage, it really depends on your preference though, some like rear fill.
Hmmm... never thought of doing that. Would save a little money if I did. I do not have somewhere I can listen to the differences though Thank you as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

i will add my 2 cents in.
Excellent front speakers, great signal processing make a huge difference.
I would move away from multiple drivers and go for a single better driver.
I wont say a 10w7 is a competition woofer, but its musicality is second to none, but its a heavy b#tch, still probably right at what 3 w3s wouldve been anyways tho.
might wna look at that as an option.
If you dont need a ton of bass and maybe just a reasonable level amount will do, then you can look at a flat sub in the spare tire well.

I found a box like that on ebay and its EXTREMELY well built.
its also very light. I used a JL 13. I did NOT like the sprq cubby box.

I use Alpine W505 w Imprint processing ( a god-send), also Pro60 Boston up front, apline SPR rear coax ( yes i think they are enjoyable.. im an audiophile, but i still think they help, and lets be honest, when they are turned up, gives me the volume i like) .. i run alpine pdx amps.. a 4.150 and a 1.1000, i run a 10f stinger cap bank thing.. and huge wire and sanded bare metal grounds.

End results is awesome. some food for thought.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by bmccann101
i will add my 2 cents in.
Excellent front speakers, great signal processing make a huge difference.
I would move away from multiple drivers and go for a single better driver.
I wont say a 10w7 is a competition woofer, but its musicality is second to none, but its a heavy b#tch, still probably right at what 3 w3s wouldve been anyways tho.
might wna look at that as an option.
If you dont need a ton of bass and maybe just a reasonable level amount will do, then you can look at a flat sub in the spare tire well.

I found a box like that on ebay and its EXTREMELY well built.
its also very light. I used a JL 13. I did NOT like the sprq cubby box.

I use Alpine W505 w Imprint processing ( a god-send), also Pro60 Boston up front, apline SPR rear coax ( yes i think they are enjoyable.. im an audiophile, but i still think they help, and lets be honest, when they are turned up, gives me the volume i like) .. i run alpine pdx amps.. a 4.150 and a 1.1000, i run a 10f stinger cap bank thing.. and huge wire and sanded bare metal grounds.

End results is awesome. some food for thought.
I do not want to use the flat sub, although I know they can perform. I like the look of three. Not something I have to do. So, doing one or two is still possible. Will check the w7 out as well.

What was the box under on ebay or the seller? Would like to look at it, before I commit to buying anything.

I'm not sure if I have the Imprint processing on my Alpine. I agree with you, although I plan to look at my options, I think having sound in the rear does help.

Sounds like a nice setup you have there.

Thanks for your 2 cents
Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

Ill check on that for ya. Its pretty stealth n low key tho. I had the fancy stuff before..its just too heavy..changed the drive of the car ALOT.
imprint is a separate box n software.. microphone etc. Total ***** to set up but super worth it id say.
Ill check back when im home for the link.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Total D

Originally Posted by bmccann101
Ill check on that for ya. Its pretty stealth n low key tho. I had the fancy stuff before..its just too heavy..changed the drive of the car ALOT.
imprint is a separate box n software.. microphone etc. Total ***** to set up but super worth it id say.
Ill check back when im home for the link.
Thanks man,

That is something to think about. I drive mine 2-3 days of the week, other than that I car pool to work.

I will check the imprint out. Might be worth it as you say.

Thanks again.