Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need Help ! 04 Touring all speakers not working.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 AM
350Zbluestreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help ! 04 Touring all speakers not working.

Ok, so i have an 04 Touring model and all stock speakers and amp. I have an aftermarket H/U, it's a Pioneer. Everything was working fine untill few days ago i plugged my ipod and no sound came out. I turned off and on the car and re-plugged the ipod and then there was sound.

Then yesterday i plug in the ipod, and now there is no sound from none of my speakers again. after a few attempts of restarting the car i gave up.
car only has 32k miles!!

Does anyone have an idea if it's the amp? the speakers? or both?
Please help. thank you.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

It's very unlikely that all the speakers have gone bad at the same time.

It's probably something they all have in common. ( Like the HU or amp or the wiring for the HU or amp)

Do the speakers not work for the radio or CD? (You only mentioned your ipod) If the problem only happens when you try to use your ipod it could be something as simple as the ipod cable.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:00 PM
350Zbluestreak

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
It's very unlikely that all the speakers have gone bad at the same time.

It's probably something they all have in common. ( Like the HU or amp or the wiring for the HU or amp)

Do the speakers not work for the radio or CD? (You only mentioned your ipod) If the problem only happens when you try to use your ipod it could be something as simple as the ipod cable.
well yea i'm sorry it doesn't work for the ipod, radio or cd and i put the stock bose HU and still no sound from either speaker, is the amp connected to all the speakers ? or the just the rears?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
350Zbluestreak

i really need help. i'm new to nissan.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zbluestreak
i really need help. i'm new to nissan.
If it's the stock amp, I would expect it to be connected to all speakers.

If you have a stock amp, it's the Bose system and I have no experience with working on those.

However, an amp would be a good suspect with your symptoms.

If you can get to a connection point between the radio and the amps, you should be able to check and see if the issue is happening somewhere before the amp, or if the amp is getting good signal and not doing its job.

There still may be a few things that cause the amp to not work other than a bad amp. If gets it's turn-on signal from your aftermarket radio, there could be a problem there. Bad grounds could cause this problem, but it's unusual for a stock ground to be a problem for the stock equipment.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
350Zbluestreak

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
If it's the stock amp, I would expect it to be connected to all speakers.

If you have a stock amp, it's the Bose system and I have no experience with working on those.

However, an amp would be a good suspect with your symptoms.

If you can get to a connection point between the radio and the amps, you should be able to check and see if the issue is happening somewhere before the amp, or if the amp is getting good signal and not doing its job.

There still may be a few things that cause the amp to not work other than a bad amp. If gets it's turn-on signal from your aftermarket radio, there could be a problem there. Bad grounds could cause this problem, but it's unusual for a stock ground to be a problem for the stock equipment.
yeaa i'm guessing it's the amp itself since i've read around that they go bad but what i found weird was that the front were'nt working either, but i'm try to replace it with another amp from another member see what happens, thanks for your help.