Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Front stage doesnt get that loud...anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:02 AM
n8te81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front stage doesnt get that loud...anyone else??

So it seems no matter what i try i cant get my front loud enough. Maybe I have some hearing loss from my 2 12's and six speakers from my civic. Has anyone added anything like tweets to the dash or maybe something else like that?? I could run my rear fill but too late for that route plus everyone always says leave it alone anyways. Im running DD comps with a sundown sax125.2 so i have enough power. I wanted to get speakers pods since the sound stage is horrible unless your right in the middle but that would be too much work. I still need to sound deaden the doors so that comes later. Like i said though i was just wondering if it was just me or if anyone has done anything about it.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 PM
wrecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are u talking about the stalk speakers?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:30 PM
805350z

mines the same way. i just deal with it.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:22 PM
n8te81

Originally Posted by wrecker
are u talking about the stalk speakers?
No....i said DD comps which are far better then the crappy stock speakers or the bose. I just like driving with my windows down listening to the music but since our cars are smaller the wind drowns everything out. Im trying to decide if im gonna put a pair of CDT image tweeters on the dash.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
uberz33

Originally Posted by n8te81
So it seems no matter what i try i cant get my front loud enough. Maybe I have some hearing loss from my 2 12's and six speakers from my civic. Has anyone added anything like tweets to the dash or maybe something else like that?? I could run my rear fill but too late for that route plus everyone always says leave it alone anyways. Im running DD comps with a sundown sax125.2 so i have enough power. I wanted to get speakers pods since the sound stage is horrible unless your right in the middle but that would be too much work. I still need to sound deaden the doors so that comes later. Like i said though i was just wondering if it was just me or if anyone has done anything about it.
tweets in the a-pillars are another option
Old 10-10-2011, 02:46 PM
n8te81

Not sure the cost of custom A-pillars would be worth it unless i could get them to point in a good spot. I almost thought of trying to stick a pair where that kinda flat spot is in the corners on the dash.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:31 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I tried setups with and without rear speakers and in my opinion, the car sounds like garbage without the rears. I went with some high-quality JL comp's in the front and some mid-quality JL coaxials in the rear, and everything comes together nicely. When you fade full front or full rear, it sounds horrible. Fade to center and it sounds great. I know most people say get fronts only, but I totally disagree with that.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
n8te81

Originally Posted by zakmartin
I tried setups with and without rear speakers and in my opinion, the car sounds like garbage without the rears. I went with some high-quality JL comp's in the front and some mid-quality JL coaxials in the rear, and everything comes together nicely. When you fade full front or full rear, it sounds horrible. Fade to center and it sounds great. I know most people say get fronts only, but I totally disagree with that.

I agree too after hearing both but now that i got a brand new 2 channel i dont have much of a choice since i went that route so idk what im gonna do.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree too after hearing both but now that i got a brand new 2 channel i dont have much of a choice since i went that route so idk what im gonna do.
You can just bridge the front and rear left on one channel and do the same for the right channel. (You will have no fader control of course)

The other option might be to use the HU speaker output for the rear and dedicate the amp to the front. (Particularly if your HU has a HP crossover built in for speaker outputs)
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM
n8te81

Doesnt that cut the amount of power going to the front if you bridge the amp???
Old 10-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Doesnt that cut the amount of power going to the front if you bridge the amp???
I was talking about bridging the speakers as apposed to bridging the amp's outputs. Instead of two 4 ohm loads (with just the fronts connected) The amp will instead see two 2 ohm loads. (With each side's speakers "bridged" together in parallel.)

Many amplifiers claim to double their power when the impedance is cut in half. So in many cases the answer is no. (theoretically)

However some amps, like the 4244 I use in my work vehicle, don't double output. The 4244 claims 45 per ch at 4 ohms and only 60 per ch at 2 ohms. It puts out more power when impedance is cut in half but it doesn't double.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:46 AM
scoobyrex247

Say you already have upgraded door speakers, to make the front cabin sound-stage even stronger, has anyone considered adding components in the rear? Or would placing a tweet behind the ear ruin the balance of the in cabin sound?