Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

HELP: Low volume Pioneer AVH-4300DVD on a '06 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
MarcusFenix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIXED: Low volume Pioneer AVH-4300DVD on a '06 350Z

Hey,

Need some help with this Pioneer unit (AVH-4300DVD). I bought it a few days ago from Amazon and got the harnesses/ipod cable from Crutchfield. I installed it like the diagrams said, but I have a weird issue. Everything works, but the volume is very very low. I have to put the volume at 25-30 out of 40 before I hear anything. At max volume (40/40) it sounds like I put it at 5 on my original Bose unit. The sound is also distorted, but I think they are both because of the same problem.

All 4 speakers have sound coming out of them. Ground is grounded. Orange/red/yellow are hooked up too. Everything works, just volume is very very low. I called up crutchfield and they said to wire up the blue wires (blue from the unit and blue from the harnesses which are labelled power antennae and amplifier). Putting the blues together made it a tiny bit louder, but not by much. After that, they didn't know what else could be the problem. Possibly the headunit is messed up.

Now I'm wondering if the harness is the problem. Should I remove the harnesses and splice everything myself? Anyone ever had this problem before? I'm most likely going to a local car stereo shop and ask if they can wire it up for me since I'm about to throw this receiver on the wall. I've changed receivers on my cars before. Last one was a few years back on a Honda Accord and before that on a Mitsubishi Eclipse. I just don't want to walk in with my tail between my legs to the car stereo shop when I've gotten this far.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

Last edited by MarcusFenix; 12-09-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: updated title to reflect solution has been found
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Ak48z

I've never had that issue before but I would go to a local stereo shop and buy another harness before I ever thought about splicing into mine.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM
trapp1829

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i can help

please dont splice in your own connections. I am an MECP certified installer audio is what I do. The issue you are having is that you are not powering up the bose amplifier that is in your car. If everything is wired proper then it would come down to the Headunit itself. I am guessing since I have seen this alot that you took the black wire out od the headunit harness and just ran it to the blacks on the harness. but what you have to do is acutally do this but also directly ground all of those to metal behind the radio as well. nissan radios grounds dont actually go anywhere. you should have the ground out of the pioneer harness going to the black with white stripe ground on the new harness and then to metal. Factory nissan radios ground through the antenna but that is not enough for aftermarket. PM me if you have any more questions or need some advice
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Z4ToddB

Hmmm. I had the same issue when I used a crutchfield harness for my Clarion. Other experts chimed in at that point that there were several reasons including the bose amps ans speakers running at a weird ohm value. 2 or less if I remember. Their recommendations were to run new wiring to all the speakers straight off the new deck and chuck the crutchfiled harness in the bin. That's what I did (also bought new speakers) and it was night and day different. You can read my saga, recommendations and solution here: https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...io-expert.html
Best of luck to you-
TB
Old 12-09-2011, 02:45 PM
MarcusFenix

Quick Update: I took it to a local car stereo shop. They said Crutchfield gave me the wrong harness. I think it was made for the Bose system, but I didn't have Bose. Crutchfield said the harness they gave me that had RCA plugs (?) for speakers were made for the Pioneer and the 350Z. It was the only harness they said would fit. Needless to say, I'm only researching reviews on crutchfield from now on, not buying from them again. Anyway, the stereo shop hooked me up with a new harness and crimped it for me and installed it for $25 ($15 harness + $10 crimp/install fee). All I had to do was put the receiver back and screw the console back.

I love it! Thanks again for the advice.