Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need audio install help badly.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Zlips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need audio install help badly.

This was attempt number two to get my system installed. The good news is this time we got the head unit mounted the bad news the speakers are an entirely different story. I have a pair of infinity kappa perfect components. Unfortunately even with a one inch spacer they still hit the window. Can anyone tell what must be down to mount them, I know people on this forum have the same ones as I do installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:06 AM
onecoolee

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I used two pieces of mdf, a 3/4" and 5/8" piece together to mount my JL Audio evolution 6.5" drivers. I think I have plenty of clearance between my window and the speaker. You can use anything, as long as the driver is mounted securely and the thickness of your spacer is not so thick that the door trim doesn't go back on...
Old 01-06-2004, 09:06 AM
Zlips

Not one Z owner has installed my setup? Come on guys.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Zlips

Originally posted by onecoolee
I used two pieces of mdf, a 3/4" and 5/8" piece together to mount my JL Audio evolution 6.5" drivers. I think I have plenty of clearance between my window and the speaker. You can use anything, as long as the driver is mounted securely and the thickness of your spacer is not so thick that the door trim doesn't go back on...

Forgive my ignorance but what is mdf?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:33 AM
kbirdsong

Use the spacers from your stock speakers, i have seen several posts where that has worked with your speakers.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:49 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the perfects. To mount them i took the stock speaker, placed it face down on the ground, and pounded the speaker out of the mount. The perfects then mount into the stock bracket where the stock speaker was kicked out, and it goes back on the door as if the stock speaker was there still. No problem with door clearance but the speaker will hit some white tab sort of things on the door. To solve that problem i dremmeled those white tabs down.

Rajiv
Old 01-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Zlips

Originally posted by hndumafia
I have the perfects. To mount them i took the stock speaker, placed it face down on the ground, and pounded the speaker out of the mount. The perfects then mount into the stock bracket where the stock speaker was kicked out, and it goes back on the door as if the stock speaker was there still. No problem with door clearance but the speaker will hit some white tab sort of things on the door. To solve that problem i dremmeled those white tabs down.

Rajiv
thanks for the input