Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Compatible SiriusXM antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 AM
Moridan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compatible SiriusXM antenna?

I bought a SiriusXM tuner (SXV200V1) for my new head unit but the stock antenna is horrible and refuse to mount it to the outside of my Z. Does anyone know of a "stock-like" antenna that is compatible with this device? I know just about every car coming out these days has an option for an SiriusXM tuner, but I dont know if they would have a connector that is compatible.

Thanks!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Why not mount the antenna inside your vehicle?

Here is a picture of my Sirius antenna mount on the rear strut-bar.

I have excellent reception. --Spike

Originally Posted by Moridan
I bought a SiriusXM tuner (SXV200V1) for my new head unit but the stock antenna is horrible and refuse to mount it to the outside of my Z. Does anyone know of a "stock-like" antenna that is compatible with this device? I know just about every car coming out these days has an option for an SiriusXM tuner, but I dont know if they would have a connector that is compatible.

Thanks!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Moridan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking of mounting it in the same spot but ended up putting mine a couple of inches in the front windshield. I live in a pretty wooded area in MD and on my way to work I go under a lot of overpasses, and I lose reception often.

My wife's Nissan Rogue has SiriusXM and she hardly ever has an reception problems, so I figured there would be an "OEM" antenna that I could mount on my Z that would have the same connector as the SXV200V1. It would be up high, look stock, and would have great reception. Hmmm.

Do you have reception problems when going under overpasses and wooded roads, Spike?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

No to that (Do you have reception problems when going under overpasses and wooded roads, Spike?").

But I am in an urban area with satelite repeaters.

You will lose reception occasionally in heavily wooded areas where the satellites are blocked. Sirius is working on solutions that solve this problem. In my reception area, this problem is already solved

--Spike

Originally Posted by Moridan
I was thinking of mounting it in the same spot but ended up putting mine a couple of inches in the front windshield. I live in a pretty wooded area in MD and on my way to work I go under a lot of overpasses, and I lose reception often.

My wife's Nissan Rogue has SiriusXM and she hardly ever has an reception problems, so I figured there would be an "OEM" antenna that I could mount on my Z that would have the same connector as the SXV200V1. It would be up high, look stock, and would have great reception. Hmmm.

Do you have reception problems when going under overpasses and wooded roads, Spike?