Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Tweeters in door panels ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:30 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What about putting tweeters in that location?
It seems great since many cars have them there, and the sound will "bounce" off of the wind shield. I like that look more than the door panels, but is that part hard to remove or does the entire dash need to come with it?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:20 PM
rebelscum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkCreep

What about putting tweeters in that location?
It seems great since many cars have them there, and the sound will "bounce" off of the wind shield. I like that look more than the door panels, but is that part hard to remove or does the entire dash need to come with it?
That is where I wanted to put mine originally.... I tried to see if they could go there, but from what I've been able to determine, those as actually part of the main dashboard frame and so you can either pull the whole dash out of the car or take out the windshield to get the clearance to get a tool in there to cut them for a flush mount. There was no way I was going to do a surface mount (i think it looks stuck-on and tacky), and didn't have the resources to pull and re-install the windshield and have no where near the time I would need to take out the entire dash, so wasn't even close to worth the trouble to me.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:41 AM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah thats what I thought too, never mind then. I think thatll look great and sound would be really good.

I had a friend that cracked and removed his windshield to do a roll cage into an EVO lol. That must have hurt to break an OE wind shield.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:15 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Hey Diggles - If you're really in Seattle, let me know if you want to hook up and learn from my mistakes. I've done a LOT with the sound system, sound proofing, etc. Through a lot of trial and error, the car sounds like a dream now.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Diggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be awesome ill send you a pm with my number
Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

If your plan is bouncing the high-frequency sound from tweeters to accomplish a front stage, the best position for your tweeters is either the floor-kick or the A-Pillar.

--Spike