Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need Advice: Replacing NAV door

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
austinZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Advice: Replacing NAV door

So I discovered that the (non-nav) door on the 2004 Enthusiast is not the same one that everybody's been mounting their LCD displays into. To achieve a nice mount, I bought the door cluster for the nav system. However, there's a mysterious connector on the door that probably goes to the nav system, and the door can't be moved without power if the motor's connected. I have the service manuals, but didn't see anything particularly helpful.

So, my questions: does anyone know the pinout for the connector? Do I have a prayer of making the door operable without the nav system? What about disconnecting the motor and making the door operate manually?

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2004, 11:12 PM
gt3

Default Re: Need Advice: Replacing NAV door

Originally posted by austinZ
So I discovered that the (non-nav) door on the 2004 Enthusiast is not the same one that everybody's been mounting their LCD displays into. To achieve a nice mount, I bought the door cluster for the nav system. However, there's a mysterious connector on the door that probably goes to the nav system, and the door can't be moved without power if the motor's connected. I have the service manuals, but didn't see anything particularly helpful.

So, my questions: does anyone know the pinout for the connector? Do I have a prayer of making the door operable without the nav system? What about disconnecting the motor and making the door operate manually?

Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I am interested in this as well. I am sure that there are 03 nav owners who are interested in making the change.

How many pins are in the connector? Hopefully there are only a few so we can identify the power wire/ground. I believe the door opens when the power is turned on. BTW if you don't mind can you give me the part number and the cost of the motorized door. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:58 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey bro i got an 03 model with factory nav and i want that door with the motor, what should we do? do u have pics of it?
Old 02-19-2004, 01:27 AM
austinZ

Sorry to disappoint -- looks like you can't have the motorized door unless your factory nav already supports it or you're up for building some simple circuits. The board the connector sits on has no ICs, so near as I can tell the control circuit lives in the nav system. I ended up removing one gear from the assembly to allow the door to move freely (but manually) and left it at that.

I don't have the part number, but I just went in and looked at the exploded diagram for the 04 Touring and picked out the part I needed -- I believe it was called "Cluster Lid C". (The service manuals are inconsistent in their naming of this part.) It ran $130.