Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Efficient Way For AUX/USB Input on Bose Stock '06 Touring Edition

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:32 PM
steelcogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Efficient Way For AUX/USB Input on Bose Stock '06 Touring Edition

Hey guys, new Z owner here! (Loving it so far!)

So anyway, I just got my 2006 350z Touring Edition, and it comes loaded with the Bose sound system and headunit. In my old car (1995 Isuzu Rodeo), I have a Sony MEX-GS610BT Headunit with the stock speakers. In the Isuzu it works perfectly fine with the Bluetooth, USB, AUX, etc. I had originally planned on swapping it out into the 350z when I got it because I didn't really want to drop another $300 to have it installed again, especially after it's only been about 8 or so months since it was installed in the Isuzu. Anyway, I heard there were problems using aftermarket H/Us in the Z's with the Bose sound system. Is this true? Or is it a case by case basis? I really enjoyed the ability to be able to listen to my phone's music library/spotify/pandora easily. Not to mention the fact that the USB charged my phone VERY well and I always came home with more battery than I left with (even through use of the phone throughout the day). If it is a problem on all cars, then does anybody know a simple way to get an AUX input or maybe even USB input working without tapping too many wires? I saw some tutorials on the forums that seemed like it was complicated for a noob such as myself and I wouldn't want to break the only H/U I know that works. Anyway, some help would be great, I generally never use CD's (I know I'm too much in the now), and just want to be able to use my phone if possible, even if it cant be charged without a 12V connector.

Thanks for the help!
-Brandon