Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Audio Upgrade? Is this worth doing

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 03:58 AM
Audionoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Audio Upgrade? Is this worth doing

I have purchased the following headunit - Pioneer DEH X9600BT

I was originally going to use an adapter and go through the stock bose amplifier. How ever i am now contemplating buying a new amplifier and speakers if it would be worth it, if i were to do this i would want much louder audio, and just generally more crispness.

Here are the components i have looked at for the system

Headunit -Pioneer DEH X9600BT
Amplifier -Alpine F1200 4-channel power amplifier 4/3/2 channel 600 watts
Front Speakers / Tweeters - Alpine SXE-1750S 280W 17cm 2-way component speakers
Rear Speakers - Alpine SXE-1725S 220W 17cm 2-way speakers

Now my questions are the following

Firstly are these components any good? Would it be worth buying and installing all this, would it provide much louder, clearer sound over the stock system?
Would it be possible to also integrate the stock bose sub and sub amplifier in to this setup
Will the front speakers fit in the z? I have been told depth is very narrow in the z
Will 4 channels be enough for fronts and rears? Do the tweeters run on the same channel as the fronts?

Thank you

Last edited by Audionoob; 01-24-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:45 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I can't answer some of your questions because I don't use those equipment but I can answer one. Yes it is absolutely worth it to dump the bose completely. This has been a very common question
Do a simple search with "bose " and read through some past threads. That will help you choose the correct combination of speakers and amp. I personally dumped my so called bose premium. I have 2 jl audio amps (one to power my 2 10 inch jl subs and a 4 channel one to power my jbl component speakers in the front and 2 rear speakers. However I faded out the rear speakers because they sound better to me without them.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:42 AM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

The equipment you are considering provides better sound than the factory Bose.

Front speakers’ depth from wall is 2.4”.

4 channels will run the fronts and the rears

I doubt you want to retain the Bose SubW (even if you could)

Last edited by Spike100; 01-24-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: to add info about SubW and Amp
Old 01-25-2016, 08:21 AM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Q: Firstly are these components any good?
Yes those are all decent.

Q: Would it be worth buying and installing all this, would it provide much louder, clearer sound over the stock system?
A: Anything is better then stock.

Q: Would it be possible to also integrate the stock bose sub and sub amplifier in to this setup
A: You could, but it wouldn't be worth it, better off going all aftermarket and "doing it right".

Q: Will 4 channels be enough for fronts and rears? Do the tweeters run on the same channel as the fronts?
A: 4 channels can either be split Front / Rear or Highs (Treble) / Lows (Bass). For good front sound stage I wouldn't bother with the rears. Instead I'd run components up front (not 2 ways) and bridged the amp (into 3 way mode) to a different sub.