Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

New headunit, 350z 2005 with bose system

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:59 AM
Gotserved

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New headunit, 350z 2005 with bose system

Hi guys, i took some time today and tried to install my new headunit but when i re-plugged the battery and so on the headunit wont turn on, i would like to ask some of you experienced guys if i did this correct, as the picture shows under.

So ye, i did cut my headunits cables and soldered them to my METRA 70-7551 harness, but i did not get any picture or even a lamp light on the headunit i guess i made some misstake.

So if there are anyone here that have done this before i would like to ask you for help

Last edited by Gotserved; 03-16-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:26 AM
roninocca

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I just went through this myself and experienced the same problem until I grounded the radio to the chassis instead of running the the ground (black wire) to the car's wire loom. Once I grounded to the chassis everything worked great.

If you are already grounded to the chassis then I'm not sure what your systems problem is...

HTH.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Gotserved

Originally Posted by roninocca
I just went through this myself and experienced the same problem until I grounded the radio to the chassis instead of running the the ground (black wire) to the car's wire loom. Once I grounded to the chassis everything worked great.

If you are already grounded to the chassis then I'm not sure what your systems problem is...

HTH.
Hi and thanks, i guess the wire runs to some ground already from the default headunit, do you have any picture you can show where you grounded it and it works good?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:17 AM
roninocca

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry, I don't have a pic where I grounded the head-unit and I'm not sure what you mean by the "default head-unit".

I just ran the black wire (ground) from the head-unit to one of the screws going to bare metal within the center console where the stereo/head-unit is mounted. It doesn't really matter where you connect the ground as long as you are making good contact with bare metal.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Gotserved

Originally Posted by roninocca
Sorry, I don't have a pic where I grounded the head-unit and I'm not sure what you mean by the "default head-unit".

I just ran the black wire (ground) from the head-unit to one of the screws going to bare metal within the center console where the stereo/head-unit is mounted. It doesn't really matter where you connect the ground as long as you are making good contact with bare metal.
What i mean is that the original headunit i just removed was grounded already right? with the same cable im using now so its really wierd it wont work right? but i will test this tomorrow, thanks!
Old 03-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

It must be that you have the wires “crossed” (i.e., the harness isn’t connected to the correct wires in the car).

I realize that my statement isn’t helpful, but it’s very difficult to determine if the connections are correct looking at your pictures. There’s nothing wrong with your pictures; it’s just hard to tell.

The two critical wires are the red power supply and the black ground. If there is no power or the device isn’t grounded, it won’t turn-on. I would start with that, and use a tester to see if you have power and if you are grounded.