Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

No sound from speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Nathan Huit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound from speakers

I have a 2004 Touring with Bose stereo. I have no sound at all coming from my speakers. My head unit works perfectly fine, it picks up all radio stations, Bluetooth connects, aux and CD player work etc.. Its like my radio is muted but it’s not. I’ve checked all fuses including on the head unit and those are good. I’ve also checked the wire connections on head unit and those are good also. Also I’ve had this kenwood headunit for about 3 years and haven’t had any issues until recently. Hopefully someone has had a similar situation and can help me.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:04 PM
djnekkon

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

so you have a Bose and a Kenwood unit installed. sorry I am a little lost, but willing to help.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 PM
Nathan Huit

Originally Posted by djnekkon
so you have a Bose and a Kenwood unit installed. sorry I am a little lost, but willing to help.
sorry I should have clarified, the head unit is kenwood and the speakers are Bose.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:13 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan Huit
I have a 2004 Touring with Bose stereo. I have no sound at all coming from my speakers. My head unit works perfectly fine, it picks up all radio stations, Bluetooth connects, aux and CD player work etc.. Its like my radio is muted but it’s not. I’ve checked all fuses including on the head unit and those are good. I’ve also checked the wire connections on head unit and those are good also. Also I’ve had this kenwood headunit for about 3 years and haven’t had any issues until recently. Hopefully someone has had a similar situation and can help me.
has it ever worked in this car? do the speakers pop if you put a battery on them, have you removed the radio and hooked a speaker directly to the outputs (bypassing the bose amps)

come on dude, dont be lazy. basic troubleshooting should tell you what it is, but that appears to be a skill you are lacking
Old 09-21-2017, 05:14 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

If you used the PAC module (which you should have when running an aftermarket HU with Bose speakers), have you checked that to make sure it didn't crap out?
Old 09-21-2017, 06:53 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Bypass amp, buy new speakers, or better yet bypass amp and run new speaker wire.
The following users liked this post:
zakmartin (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:47 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Now would be a good time to rip all the Bose garbage out of the trunk and behind the driver's seat and just re-wire the speakers and enjoy the good sound you get straight from the Kenwood HU.
The following users liked this post:
beezee (09-21-2017)
Old 03-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Timber

Default 350Z Bose radio speakers inop.

Originally Posted by Nathan Huit
We had the same issue with our 2004 Z convertible with Bose. I pulled the speaker amp out of the trunk and removed the bracket. During this I noticed the part label on the amp was yellowed. I pulled the cover off, flipped the circuit board over and found a burned spot on the board. I replaced the amp and tunes again...😉.