Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Window Roll up with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 05:37 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Kevin:

At one point, I though you mentioned something about making your control module also handle locking and unlocking the doors when the car is started and turned off. Is that still in the works? If so, will it be combine with the window up module?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-16-2004, 08:19 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
Kevin:

At one point, I though you mentioned something about making your control module also handle locking and unlocking the doors when the car is started and turned off. Is that still in the works? If so, will it be combine with the window up module?

Thanks,
Dave
It is still in the works, but not a high priority. My 'real' job is killing me right now (on the road for 3 straight weeks working 10-13 hours day EVERY day). We have a few modules we want to design, build, and sell before the locking mod. The locking mod CANNOT be combined with the window mod, as they have to be mounted in differerent areas of the car.

Kevin
Old 06-17-2004, 12:20 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally posted by KPierson
It is still in the works, but not a high priority. My 'real' job is killing me right now (on the road for 3 straight weeks working 10-13 hours day EVERY day). We have a few modules we want to design, build, and sell before the locking mod. The locking mod CANNOT be combined with the window mod, as they have to be mounted in differerent areas of the car.

Kevin
Kevin,

I'm kinda' confused. The product description on your web site for the window module seems to say that it does or can contain the locking feature:
Attached Thumbnails Window Roll up with OEM remote-snap.jpg  
Old 06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
KPierson
Banned

Kevin,

I'm kinda' confused. The product description on your web site for the window module seems to say that it does or can contain the locking feature:
Yes, it does have an auto lock feature bult in. 6 seconds after you turn the igniton on the doors lock.

However, there is NO unlock capability. There is a conflict with the RAP system that prevents this from being possible from a module mounted in the door.

The module I was referring to will lock your doors when the car reaches 10mph and unlock them when you shut the ignition off, like my 1994 Cavalier did, but my $40,000 G35 doesn't do.

Hope this clears up any confusion

P.S. The auto lock feature works perfectly on the G35, as it is possible to open the G35 coupes doors even if they are locked.

Kevin
Old 06-17-2004, 01:22 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

I suppose if I buy both modules, one will lock it when I start the engine and the other will try to lock it again when moving. If I do unlock it without turning off the car, then when I start moving again, the 2nd module will take care of re-locking it.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:26 PM
KPierson
Banned

The output from the window module is programmable. You can shut it off very easily. So, if you install the window module now you can have the autolocking feature with it untill we develop the speed controlled version. I wouldn't wait on the release of the speed version as it will take a while....

Kevin

I suppose if I buy both modules, one will lock it when I start the engine and the other will try to lock it again when moving. If I do unlock it without turning off the car, then when I start moving again, the 2nd module will take care of re-locking it.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:02 AM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

bump

how is everyones working? then new ones are out and are working flawlessly.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:11 AM
myz8a4re

im confused on one small detail. i see this window roll-up option can be installed through the panel that houses the window/door lock switches but what about this purple wire behind the speaker? this involves removeing the entire door panel right? just checking, i really dont want to remove the entire door panel if i dont have to. all cars i have done this to just never seem to sit right again, i dont want this to happen to my z.........

-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 10:39 AM
sflg35
Sponsor
KP Technologies

yes you have to remove the door panel the first time you install it. that is the only way that i know of to get to the purple wire. all the other wires you can get to without having to take the door panel off though.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:20 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by myz8a4re
im confused on one small detail. i see this window roll-up option can be installed through the panel that houses the window/door lock switches but what about this purple wire behind the speaker? this involves removeing the entire door panel right? just checking, i really dont want to remove the entire door panel if i dont have to. all cars i have done this to just never seem to sit right again, i dont want this to happen to my z.........

-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 12:22 PM
KPierson
Banned

The door panel does have to come off. The Zs door panel is a modled plastic door and once it comes off it basically has to go back on the same way. Between the plastic clips and bolts the panel won't go back on unless its on right.

Kevin Pierson
www.KPtechnologies.net

Originally posted by myz8a4re

-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 12:34 PM
myz8a4re

thanx kevin, i appreciate the response. what exactly is the purple wire? im sure its the only wire that can be used for the purpose your using it right? i know if there was an easier option you would have used it, i just have to ask..........

thanx,
-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 01:59 PM
KPierson
Banned

Haha, yeah the purple wire goes from the BCM to the door lock actuator, with no junctions in between. If you happen to find a purple wire somewhere else, like at the power window module, this is NOT the right wire. This has been one of the biggest mistakes people have been making. The wire locations were picked using both the service manual and by taking the car apart and seeing where everything is. There is NO other way to get to the purple wire, and the purple wire is absolutely required to make the module work.

Please don't try and take shortcuts when installing the module, as we have already installed enough of them to know the easiest way.

Kevin
Old 07-18-2004, 02:47 PM
myz8a4re

Thanx again kevin, i m not trying to take shortcuts, I just thought id get lucky & the purple wire would be for the "door lock after 6 sec's" option wich I wouldn't be using anyways. I'm only interested in the window roll up option.......any chance I can leave the purple wire out for this? You see where I'm going with this right? Hehe.....thanx

-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 03:15 PM
KPierson
Banned

I know exactly where you are going with this, and it has been discussed before. It is the 'yellow' wire that doesn't have to be hooked up. The blue wire from our module, that connects to the purple wire, is the wire that triggers the windows to go up. Without hooking it up the module will have no reference as to when to activate.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
Old 07-18-2004, 03:23 PM
myz8a4re

Ok, I had to satisfy my curiousity......thanx kevin

-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 04:04 PM
wren57
Banned

OK I'm confused. I thought it was $40 for window roll-down and auto lock/unlock feature. I looked on the website and it is $60 for JUST the roll-down feature. Am I missing something?
Old 07-18-2004, 04:22 PM
KPierson
Banned

The VDC memory switch is $39.99. A very long time ago, in a G35 forum the price was estimated to be around $40. This was before KPtechnologies was started and our costs rose dramatically. I realized that at $40 a piece there wasn't enough profit to justify all the time I spent ordering, building, testing, shipping and all the other stuff involved. I was also planning on buidling only about 30 of them as a service to board members. Since the interest has grown considerably the price increase was needed.

The OEM window module is $59.99 and it has a built in feature to automatically lock the doors on the Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. However, it can NOT unlock them, so in the Z most people will not utilize this feature. Also, the OEM window mod RAISES the windows, the OEM alarm can lower them from the factory.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net

Originally posted by wren57
OK I'm confused. I thought it was $40 for window roll-down and auto lock/unlock feature. I looked on the website and it is $60 for JUST the roll-down feature. Am I missing something?
Old 07-19-2004, 07:32 AM
ncoastmd

I can lower the windows on my Z roadster with the factory transmitter? How?
Old 07-19-2004, 08:03 AM
KPierson
Banned

Press and hold the 'unlock' button on your transimtter. As long as you hold the button down the windows will go down. However, you cannot remotely put them up. You will either have to put the key in the drivers door and turn and hold it in the 'lock' position or you will have to turn the ignition back on.

Where in Ohio are you NCoastMD?

Kevin Pierson
www.KPtechnologies.net
AIM: KPiersonTec

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote