Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:03 AM
supirio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3

Costs: The total cost for this system was $1648.90 (including shipping tax etc). I'm selling the stock Bose system for $500 bringing my total out of pocket to $1148.00. The installation was done by myself and some help from friends when they were available so no costs there, unless you want to count the free lunch I bought them heh.

Components: Metra Kit (used double din, 1st din radio, 2nd din center channel speaker (didn't arrive yet last piece to do)), Roller for Dynamat, 6.5" Spacers for Front Speakers (scoshe), Rockford Fosgate RAVDVD1 head unit (mp3/dvd/cdrw/vcd), (4) Infinity Kappa 62.5i 2way's, Infinity Basslink, Rockford Fosgate 501x amp, Dynamat Xtreme, Farenheit 7001, Kenwood Center Channel Speaker

The install: Basically stripped the interior completely, removed door panels, whole rear hatch area, strut bar stuff, glove boxes, sub box, center dash, arm rest area, quarterpanel plastic area. Then ran wires, installed the speakers, dynamatted, installed tv, radio, amp in the glove box, distrobution block in glove box, sounds really easy with the panels removed but still time consuming, then snapped the car back together in about 30 minutes once done installing everything.

Review: Love it!! DVD+RW, DVD+R's work in this head unit, even though the manufacturer told me it would not play any dvdr media. I didn't try VCD's yet, however SVCD's did not play. I was recording music videos all week on DVD+RW so its nice to be able to enjoy them in the Z. I love the head unit, I'll have pics of everything up in about 3 hours when I go home tonight, I'm pleased with the sound and all the research done in advance helped a lot with the install. In two weeks I'll receive the Kenwood Center channel and install that. I'll admit it was a lot of work and I feel like I was in a car accident from bending over and crouching down working on it all weekend but was worth it in the end!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:55 AM
D@ActiveTuning

Sounds awesome, DEFINITELY need some pics!! I'm trying to compile some ideas up for my own install.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:27 PM
supirio

Amp setup, I did vaccuum since
Attached Thumbnails Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3-ampglovebox.jpg  
Old 03-08-2004, 06:29 PM
supirio

Infinity kappa 62.5i's in the rear
Attached Thumbnails Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3-rearspeaksdyna.jpg  
Old 03-08-2004, 08:22 PM
ss350

pics of the headunit?

Is the center channel speaker for the nav output by nechance? Is it a full DIN or 1/2 DIN speaker?
Old 03-08-2004, 10:48 PM
gunnerz

can you show some pics of the dash?

where did you buy the farenheit 7001? i need to get one too
Old 03-09-2004, 04:16 AM
supirio

The center channel isn't in it was dark when I wanted to take pics of the dash I will get them at lunch today though when its light out, the center channel isn't really a DIN or 1/2 din but its a DIN tall and about 70% of a din wide, I measured all the dimensions and I think it will fit nicely, I'm going to put dark plexiglass on each side of it to fill the rest of the din hole out..
Old 03-09-2004, 04:24 AM
supirio

Originally posted by gunnerz
can you show some pics of the dash?

where did you buy the farenheit 7001? i need to get one too
I got the Farenheit 7001 off of a website last year for $280 shipped, I've seen them as low as $230 shipped on ebay now and again, on websites they are about $325 shipped.. its full model number is t-7001mhr for google searching.. worth every penny absolutely perfect fit, as everyone has always said.

Edit: heres one on ebay going soon in 3 hours http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=48608 its current bid is 200 even.. good deal
Old 03-09-2004, 04:28 AM
jesfuego

Congrats on your install , hey quick question were did you get the front adapters for the speakers im looking on putting some 6.5 in the fronts thx!
Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 AM
gunnerz

I was just looking at that item on ebay. But they only ship by UPS, unfortunately UPS to Guam is very expensive.
Old 03-09-2004, 04:54 AM
supirio

Originally posted by jesfuego
Congrats on your install , hey quick question were did you get the front adapters for the speakers im looking on putting some 6.5 in the fronts thx!
At first I wasn't sure if they'd work but favor the inside of the door a little bit, and mount the space first, then the speaker to the spacer, at first I mounted the speaker to the spacer then tried to mount the whole unit to the door, better to mount the spacer first. I found these scosche spacers at sounddomain.com for $8.90 shipped to my door, the picture is not what arrives (thankfully ).. heres the link:

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SCOSS65
Old 03-09-2004, 06:47 AM
supirio

Here is the headunit: (it is not chrome, its like a dark chrome)
Attached Thumbnails Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3-headunit2.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 06:47 AM
supirio

Another head unit shot:
Attached Thumbnails Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3-headunit.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 06:49 AM
supirio

Farenheit T-7001mhr perfect fit, hard to tell in this pic but the picture quality is excellent for the $$.
Attached Thumbnails Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3-tvon.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 06:51 AM
supirio

This is where the center channel will be mounted under the radio, the headunit has 22 watts rms for the center channel, right now when I watch something in 5.1 dolby it sounds awesome, except there are no voices
Attached Thumbnails Review of my completely replaced Bose system, dvd/mp3-centerchan.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 08:18 AM
onecoolee

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

looks great...cant wait to see pics of the center.

One question though...who in their right mind would pay $500 for the stock Bose system, even if its complete ??? I would sell mine for less than that if I could find a buyer...
Old 03-09-2004, 09:16 AM
supirio

Originally posted by onecoolee
looks great...cant wait to see pics of the center.

One question though...who in their right mind would pay $500 for the stock Bose system, even if its complete ??? I would sell mine for less than that if I could find a buyer...
Only reason I'm selling it is because I saw one for sale on ebay that went for $585 and he was missing a tweeter, mines on ebay now its at like 400+ the guy who agreed to buy it backed out (of course what else is new) so I'm just selling it on ebay, I'm fine with 400+