Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Waiting is the hardest part

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Big Sexz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Waiting is the hardest part

I've been waiting on my new system equipment for days now and I'm starting to get impatient. Not like it matters yet because I have to strip the car down to mat the whole thing anyways. I would just feel better knowing it is all in my hot little hands. Everything is paid for.........now just the wait.

The system (totally stealth) will include the following:

HU
Sony CDX-M750 (oldie but goody and already installed)

Speakers
Front
Polk MOMO MM6 mids and highs which will get 150x2 @ 4Ohms
Rear
Polk DB650 6 1/2 coaxials for rear fill off the HU
Subs (2)
Polk MOMO M124 12 inch subs that I am going to stuff in the stock location & glovebox one way or another wired @ 2Ohms and getting 500x1

AMPs
Front
Memphis 3004 that I already have will be bridged 150x2 RMS running the fronts (from previous system)
Rear
Polk MOMO C500.1 Class D mono sub amp. 500x1 RMS @ 2Ohm

Power will be supplied via 1/0 gauge hex wire (supposed to lay flatter) connecting to a 2.4 Farad Digital Cap. (I know, I know, it's overkill) and split off the cap with 4 gauge to both amps.

Sound deadening will be courtesy of 100sqft of <HeMan Voice>"THUNDER MAT"</HeMan Voice> and I'm going to layer the mess out of it. Everything is coming out, and I'm going to cover it all.

I'm doing this all myself for personal gratification and install rates are too costly. The reason I'm using Polk is because I'm taking full advantage of my Part time Circuit City discount while I still have it. If you get the Polk stuff from Crutchfield (not the best prices, just a comparison) it totals up to $1215.00w/shipping. With my discount it will be just under $540w/shipping.

The mat and power stuff is off ebay. I really just something to show up so I can feel good. Has anyone put 12's directly behind the seats yet?