Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How do u remove the stock HEAD UNIT ? please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Cra Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do u remove the stock HEAD UNIT ? please help

alright guys i just bought two 10's and an amp and i wanted to know how to take out the stock head unit.... i tried searching but i didnt get much info.. any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2004, 02:35 PM
jangles79

This might help

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...s350zRadio.htm
Old 04-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Big Sexz

I see some breakage in your future if you follow those directions. Mainly because that is for an 03. With your 04 it is slightly different. I'm sure you have already finished, but in case not well then here you go. (This only applies to NON-NAV)

1) Pull the silver ring (around your shift boot) back and up at the same time, then move out of the way as best as possible. There are just 4 metal clips holding it in so it work break that easy. Remove big white ribbon plug from the back of AC controls, it will help it to get out of the way.

2) Looking at the big hole you have just created, in the upper corners you will see a screw. Remove them.

3) Open the nav door and remove that rubber pad on the floor of the nav compartment (use your nails at the front and kind of dig back to make it popup)

4) Hey look, 2 screws....remove those and remove the small peice of plastic it holds on by tilting it backwards

5) Hey look again, 2 more screws (1 on each side way in the back of the new hole from which that small plastic peice covered) get a long screw driver and remove those 2. Dont stress if they fall because you can retreive them shortly fairly easily.

6) Gently pull from the bottom (only enough to pop the clips off) and work your way up.

****Once you get to the nav compartment the whole thing will start to flex then pull towards the rear of the car GENTLY, once it pops loose (shouldnt take much) dont go ripping away because there is the connecting wire that runs the guages at the top. Undo that and undo the plugs in the rear of the radio and it should be sitting on the seat now.

Realistically, this should take you about 10 minutes your first time and only about 4 mins on the 3rd.

Once your new radio is installed, I would recommend using a magnetic screwdriver to replace the 2 screws directly above the radio because dropping the screws gets old quick.

If I have left anything out feel free to chime in.

If you break somthing, I am not reasponsible for it as I'm just trying to help. If you are going to try and blame me for you breaking your car because I told you something then please go pee on the first electric fence (prefer 10,000 volts or higher) you can find before working on your car....think of it as psyching your self up for the task!!
Old 04-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Cra Z

If you are going to try and blame me for you breaking your car because I told you something then please go pee on the first electric fence (prefer 10,000 volts or higher) you can find before working on your car....think of it as psyching your self up for the task!!

Thats pretty funny lolll thanks alot for the help guys
Old 04-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Th3Cleaner

hahaha

The Metra Kit you can get at Critchfield etc.. to mount your new stereo will come with instruction, they are very good, and should basicly show you what Big SexZ said.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:27 AM
fergraz

Check this link:
http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/