Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

EEEEEK! compustar troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 04:41 PM
SEzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation EEEEEK! compustar troubles!

dropped off the car at the installer's this morning to get the compustar 2wssr installed. they said they would call me by 6 pm to let me know if it's ready. they called around 6 and said that they got the system in and everything was working sweet. they tried the remote start and it was workin fine.

after starting it four times or so, they said that the car died completely and it wouldn't budge. not even with the key! then they took the system out of the car and it still wouldn't start!!!

then they said that the called a nissan tech to come out there and check it out. he's apparently working on the car right now.

they're onna call me tomorrow morning...

what do i do?

what could it be?

could they have seriously f'ed my car up???

it's a reputable compustar authorized dealer with great reviews. i trust what they said but i'm still a little nervous...
Old 08-02-2004, 06:10 PM
350Mark

If they are a reputable dealer, they should take care of everything. I wouldn't be worried.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:12 PM
350Mark

Btw, keep us updated. I was also thinking about getting the Compustar.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:25 PM
ddang1

SEzzz
This could be a number of things. I installed alarms in a lot of cars and the Z to be honest is one of the easiest i have ever done. They might of started really late and put it off till tomorrow cause of another install or started it without the immobilizer bypass a couple of times when testing and the car when into shut down mode. I would get detailed info on it and probably try to send a buddy up there to take a look at it if they are repairing anything
Old 08-03-2004, 08:13 AM
SEzzz

i think you might be right about the imobilizer because now they called and they want me to bring them all my keys so they can get them reprogrammed ad the dealer

this is turning into a major hassle because the shop is not close and i have to find a ride every time...

should i ask them for some kind of discount? this one day install has turned into three days!
Old 08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont argue for anything till they finish; then *****

come back and report the problem when your done, I was considering a compustar alarm in a month.

my concern is, my parking brake has clicked off on 5 seperate occasions in the last 2 years. I always have to park it in gear or my car is gone. cant use remote start then, which sucks.

hope you get it sorted out.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:57 AM
SEzzz

just got back from the shop and they said the the nissan techs think it is either a relay or the bcm that burned out. they are trying to get the relay first befure buying me a new bcm because of the costs. they have been very nice and polite about everything and seem to be set on sorting this out asap. i'll keep you guys posted...

ares,

that sucks about your parking brake. see if you can get the dealership to replace it. i never reave my car in gear and the brake has never ever let go. the remote start is a key feature of compustar...just wouldn't be worth it with out it

btw, these parking lights are the shiznait! thanks! i'll have pictures up of everything as soon as i get my baby back
Old 08-03-2004, 11:02 AM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hasnt happened in a few months, and Im not sure why it ever did happen. just always afraid... maybe I will bring it to the dealer and let them take a look at it, maybe something is bent.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:25 PM
ddang1

Originally posted by SEzzz
i think you might be right about the imobilizer because now they called and they want me to bring them all my keys so they can get them reprogrammed ad the dealer

this is turning into a major hassle because the shop is not close and i have to find a ride every time...

should i ask them for some kind of discount? this one day install has turned into three days!
if they are asking for all the keys they could of messed up the immobilizer and have to switch the ring out around key switch and reprogram. sucks. I would definately ask for some sort of customer apprecitation discount or something but never get something installed over there again cause if they have problems just with a simple Remote Start alarm they are in bad shape. I have my Viper 791v and its been working without a prob..I wired the remote start though to the parking brake that if its not up then the remote start wont work and i never park in gear so no probs.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
dimitri

hey man what kind of symptoms do you have? because i had that issue and it was the ecu that was burned out. but nissan fixed took them two weeks....i also have viper 791 i installed ...iam a installer in my prior life so i have many install under my belt...nissan is pretty easy other then hooking up a couple relays to fake out the clucth to make it start and also provide negative signal to the immbilizer and disarm factory alarm...i hope you get things resolved.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:39 PM
SEzzz

thanks for the info. that's what they said might be the problem but they're not completely sure. i hope it doesn't take a week!

how much of a discount should i ask for if it takes a whole week? maybe a free window module? maybe free tint?

thanks for the input guys!
Old 08-04-2004, 06:40 PM
ddang1

u can asked them to use some diodes and run to seperate channels one when you press it from your remote that it rolls it up and another the other channel to roll it down. no module needed.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:01 AM
SEzzz

i'm gonna have to try that

it looks like i won't be gewtting my car back for a long while...

it went to the dealer today...

Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 AM
SEzzz

they said it's done!

apparently it was a relay that blew...

now i need some advice on what to do when i'm picking it up.

what do i test out?

this is what i think so far:

remote start 5 times or so
bump car to check alarm on every body panel
check the pageing feature
check that the avic still works
check all lights windows mirrors

can anyone think of anything else?

how much of a discound thould i ask them for?

it was supposed to be done monday, now it's friday
Old 08-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe an extra LCD remote plus a discount?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:59 PM
SEzzz

well, they refused to give me any discount ecause they said that they already lost so much money on fixing my car and doing extra labor...

they were really nice abut everything so i wasn't trying to yell at them.

the only thing they said was that they'd give me a crucial labor discount on the next thing they do for me.

i will probably have them install other stuff in the future because eventhough the f'ed up my car, they did fix it asap and paid the dealer and the tow company and a rental car. called me twice every day that they had the car to let me know what was going on. i would reccomend them to other people

now as far as the compustar...

oh god, i can't talk about it now, i don't wanna mak another mess in my pants....i'll have pics and a write up soon.....ohhhhhhh god....yeahhhhhhh
Old 08-10-2004, 04:05 PM
KPierson
Banned

I would demand free install on the alarm. They messed up the install and seriously inconvieneced you. It's not your fault they lost money because they screwed up. You are paying them a labor fee to work on your car, not break it. Reguardless of how polite they were if they BROKE your car during an install, you shouldn't pay for that install. That should be like a law or something. Anyway, most likely they turned the claim into thier insurance company, unless they know someone at the dealer and got good rates on the diagnostics, cuz I'm sure that would cost quite a bit. Also, find out what they did to cause the 'relay' to fail. Relays typically can't be damaged by much, besides excessive use (they have cycle ratings). You can't damage a relay by grounding them out or anything. I wouldn't buy the relay story, and I would ask for the defective relay, since they HAVE to offer it to you. I wouldn't let them off the hook so easily just because they were nice to you...

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net (Check us out, if we BREAK your car during and an install we won't charge you for that install!)

Originally posted by SEzzz
well, they refused to give me any discount ecause they said that they already lost so much money on fixing my car and doing extra labor...

they were really nice abut everything so i wasn't trying to yell at them.

the only thing they said was that they'd give me a crucial labor discount on the next thing they do for me.

i will probably have them install other stuff in the future because eventhough the f'ed up my car, they did fix it asap and paid the dealer and the tow company and a rental car. called me twice every day that they had the car to let me know what was going on. i would reccomend them to other people

now as far as the compustar...

oh god, i can't talk about it now, i don't wanna mak another mess in my pants....i'll have pics and a write up soon.....ohhhhhhh god....yeahhhhhhh