Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How to replace OEM Tweeters?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Naresh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace OEM Tweeters?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread which shows how to replace the tweeters in the top corner of the doors please? I've seem some pictures of aftermarket tweeters housed in the corner trim but don't know how to remove it or how much cutting, if any, is required to fit the adapter ring before the tweeter clips in.

Thanks.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:39 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

replacing the tweeter is very easy. i dont know where the threads are for it but i'll just tell you how here with basic instructions.
first remove the door panel. then remove the tweeter panel by just pulled it off. disconnect the wire for the tweeter so you can pull the tweeter pod away from the door. the tweeter is held in place by a bar that screws in on the two sides and one screw in the back of the tweeter. remove the screws and the bar and then the tweeter will be loose. then place the new tweeter in the spot the stock tweeter was. use the bar to secure the new tweeter by screwing it back in the two screws on the sides. wire up the tweeter. then replace the tweeter pod and the door and you're done.