Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Update

The car is almost complete, just working on a few finishing touches and I should be pick it up this week or next.

Here are some more pics for mine...I mean your enjoyment

Last edited by Kwame; 08-07-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:54 PM
JimRHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend here approves ... that is an insanely clean setup

Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Well, it's obvious I hate you because that looks so sweet..... I LOVE that head unit set up. I do have one comment. You may want to think about relocating what looks like a remote bass **** in your center console. I had my Bluetooth button in that spot which was lower profile than that ****, and I kept hitting it with my elbow when I shifted.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by DVFlyer
Well, it's obvious I hate you because that looks so sweet..... I LOVE that head unit set up. I do have one comment. You may want to think about relocating what looks like a remote bass **** in your center console. I had my Bluetooth button in that spot which was lower profile than that ****, and I kept hitting it with my elbow when I shifted.
JimRhit: Jim thanks I knew you would approve.

DVFlyer: Thanks for the compliment. In regards to the bass control ****, I didn't see it being a problem when I sat in the car with the new seats. Not to mention the car will have a Kirk Roll bar so I will be sitting even more upright then usual. Eh if its a problem than I will chop off of some of my elbow.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

why do you have 3 amps?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by doug
why do you have 3 amps?
Because my installer thought 5 might be a little excessive.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

came out GREAT kwame! super clean! i love it! hehe, i am sure the looks will be supasssed only by the SQ

kudos on a very nice job

b
Old 06-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Ichigo

WOW, if that sounds half as good as it looks (I'm sure it will), Your gonna be rockin!! I hope I bump into you at a meet somewhere in the Tri state area this summer, I would love to hear what serious gear like that can produce. Congrats man, enjoy.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:57 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

p.s. what is the floor covered in? it almost looks like grille cloth from the pic, but i am sure its something else? suede?

b
Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
came out GREAT kwame! super clean! i love it! hehe, i am sure the looks will be supasssed only by the SQ

kudos on a very nice job

b
Bing, thanks for the compliments. It's too bad I can't share this experience with the rest of this community. I have never heard any of this equipment before, to be honest I have never heard a true SQ system before period. I was blown away when I sat in the car after it was tuned. The system was so clean it almost didn't sound loud. I think my brain is used to associating loud with distortion and rattling, in this system there is non of that present.

Originally Posted by Ichigo
WOW, if that sounds half as good as it looks (I'm sure it will), Your gonna be rockin!! I hope I bump into you at a meet somewhere in the Tri state area this summer, I would love to hear what serious gear like that can produce. Congrats man, enjoy.
Thanks for the compliments. I wish I could tell you that the car will be up and running but there is no chance that it will. The car will probably be completely done in December, probably right before I purchase the GTR
Old 06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Kwame

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
p.s. what is the floor covered in? it almost looks like grille cloth from the pic, but i am sure its something else? suede?

b
It is covered in regular black carpet. I wanted to keep everything stock looking (yeah right like two 12s come stock in a Z ), so I used carpet. I think the alcantara would have been over the top.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:38 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

yup, the whole thing about loud = distortion is one of those things a lot of my cuastomers have come to realize is not true.

when things sound clean, warm and smooth, you can listen to it at MUCh higher volumes, basically bask in music, without listening fatigue morels, like DLS, excels at this becuase of their smooth, laid back nature hence they are two of my favorite brands

b
Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Kwame

The whole down side of this install is now after hearing what a system is supposed to sound like, I might have to do an install in my truck now. Oh well.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Get_Zwole

ive been following this the hole time just not posting kudos on the instal bro it look amazing. I know it will sound even better crongrats again and enjoy.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:40 AM
doug

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Because my installer thought 5 might be a little excessive.
lets try this again...

what are your 3 amp's powering?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by doug
lets try this again...

what are your 3 amp's powering?
Since you didn't find it worth your time to read the first page of this thread, of which you did post on, I'll help you out...

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...77&postcount=8
Old 06-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Takhteh

Very clean! If I didn't just buy a box from tccustoms, I would've definitely wanted something "custom" like that. Great job!

Just wondering, though, how the sound quality is w/the two 12" subs back there, and sort of angled into each other? I'm definitely no audio expert, but I just thought I heard somewhere it might cancel signals or something when they are pointed towards each other like that.. or something like that? I dunno. Just asking bc am curious.. Anyways, awesome setup!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
doug

Originally Posted by kwame@z1
Since you didn't find it worth your time to read the first page of this thread, of which you did post on, I'll help you out...

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...77&postcount=8
amazing i didn't read it yet i posted 4 times on the first page.. sometimes i amaze myself..

it was a minor oversight, no need to get your twinkies ruffled
Old 06-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Kwame

Originally Posted by Takhteh
Very clean! If I didn't just buy a box from tccustoms, I would've definitely wanted something "custom" like that. Great job!

Just wondering, though, how the sound quality is w/the two 12" subs back there, and sort of angled into each other? I'm definitely no audio expert, but I just thought I heard somewhere it might cancel signals or something when they are pointed towards each other like that.. or something like that? I dunno. Just asking bc am curious.. Anyways, awesome setup!
Thanks for the kind words. Honestly, from the 20 or so minutes I was in the car I have to say the sound quality is impeccable. Well as it was explained to me by my installer the two sound waves coming from each subwoofer meet at a focal point on the hatch and in essence join together to create one huge sound wave which comes to the front of the car. Obviosly, he would know how to explain it better than I, I just know it sounds damn good.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Kwame

I got my car back yesterday....

Quick Reply: High-End Audio Build Complete!!! (McIntosh, Morel, Seas Lotus Inside)