Notices

Cancel Airbag Light (Proper Way) and 07 Weight Sensor Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 04:32 PM
mpact1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did exactly as NismoZR said. 5x 10ohm 1/4watt resistors wired parallel with lead wired on each end. tied em into the harness just like the guy did in the picture below. airbag light still flashing. I'm thinking this doesn't work for 07/08 Z's....

Old 10-05-2013, 04:49 PM
NismoK

Originally Posted by mpact1981
I did exactly as NismoZR said. 5x 10ohm 1/4watt resistors wired parallel with lead wired on each end. tied em into the harness just like the guy did in the picture below. airbag light still flashing. I'm thinking this doesn't work for 07/08 Z's....

I am assuming you are referring to the passenger side? There is no weight sensor in the driver side, air bags always on.

Here is a link to page 3 of my current build, page 3 has a decent how to for the weight sensor to keep it functioning normal.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=552034&page=3

K
Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 PM
egonadrian

So I was in an accident and the drivers side seat airbag and the curtain airbag where deployed. How can I get the airbag light off? It just stays solid. I would rather not have to replace them. What can I do?
Old 12-11-2015, 06:41 AM
kno

Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks for the Input nismozr, if you're still around, I'm gonna attempt this overdue project this weekend. I'll post some pictures for future reference.
Name:  20151211_103402_1.jpg
Views: 2769
Size:  417.8 KB
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 PM
kno

Well I tried doing this on my 07.. no luck, I almost set my car on fire. I spliced at 5 resistors together connected one side to the red wire the other to the black. All resistors facing the same way. I taped everything up it looked great. I started my car to start the light reset procedure, when I look to the right I see a huge cloud of smoke coming out underneath my seat. My z life flashed before my eyes and saved it's life. I think I could live with that stupid blinking light for another 5 years lol

Name:  20151230_171842.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  319.5 KB

Name:  20151230_172203.jpg
Views: 2903
Size:  307.8 KB

Everything melted to shet so I had to cut the plug off.
If anyone can post the right way to do this on an 07 z with after market seat that would be great.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:13 PM
kno

Took my old seat apart to transfer the sensor to the new seat, this is what the 06+ z looks like.

Name:  20160119_103241.jpg
Views: 3139
Size:  145.6 KB
Name:  20160119_103222.jpg
Views: 2679
Size:  434.5 KB
Old 07-15-2016, 07:04 PM
Gunkata

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bumping an oldie..

hoping to find some help. I have a 2003, which I believe does not have a weight sensor for the airbag. Is there a fuse that can be pulled for the passenger airbag or another work around? I dont think the Nissan switch/harness is sold any more? the reason for doing this, is so that I can have one of my kids ride up front, as 2 of them weigh under 70lbs. Thanks in advance for any info, guys.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:09 PM
Gunkata

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunkata
bumping an oldie..

hoping to find some help. I have a 2003, which I believe does not have a weight sensor for the airbag. Is there a fuse that can be pulled for the passenger airbag or another work around? I dont think the Nissan switch/harness is sold any more? the reason for doing this, is so that I can have one of my kids ride up front, as 2 of them weigh under 70lbs. Thanks in advance for any info, guys.
Anyone , please?
Old 07-21-2016, 03:43 AM
karlt

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Gunkata,

For your 2003 model there is only one airbag fuse. Pulling it disables the entire system and turns the airbag light on steady. If you want to do this, it's fuse 13 on the fuse block on the driver side kick panel (see Attachment).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fuse Block.pdf (172.2 KB, 178 views)
Old 09-10-2016, 02:14 PM
ohw

Originally Posted by rijowysock
well i know its been posted 5000000000000 times how to cancel out the airbag light BUT everyone just posted the method of changing the SRS from USER mode to DIAGNOSIS mode which does nothing but tell you which problem is coming up and then whats happening is people are messing up the order and accidentally cancelling out the airbag light.

the proper way to do the cancelling out after installing seats or etc is:

1: put key in ignition
2: turn to the ON position (not engine on but ACC on), SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
3: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

4: turn to the ON position, SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
5: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

6: turn to the ON position, SRS light will come on for a solid 7 seconds and then it will start to blink.. as soon as it goes off after the 7 second "on" turn to off position.
7: you'll hear beeps from the car, count 5 sets of beats (5 seconds)

8: turn to on, and leave on... now if it turns off after the 7 second solid "ON" you are good to go. if it starts to do something else (which mine did) look below on the chart to see what it means.

for me my problem was 5 flashes after a 2 second off 3 second on 2 secong off which meant that the occupant sensor was the problem (i didnt have fully plugged in) once plugged in i did the above reset and it went all clear ;-)

pictures of my car, and how i bypassed the weight sensor..

first you shoudlnt have a problem unless the passenger seat it out of the car.. so it should already be out and now flip over so bottom is facing you.

remove this guard piece held on by (3) 12mm bolts.. (make sure to loosen, they are backwords so it takes a second to think which way is which)

next remove these slats from under the seat... just push down the metal between then end and pull out carefully

next unbolt the weight sensor brain

next reach down and ull feel 2 tabs holding the bladder onto the seat.. pry the tabs without harming bladder.

you should now be able to remove bladder after taking all the little tabs that hold the clips off.

bladder looks like this

i then cut the material piece so i could remove it.. and then cut the thick white plastic so i could remove it.

then i put the masterial piece back on and rolled the bladder up like a burrito. zip tying it not very tight...

next you want to plus everything in and turn on the car... weight about 20 seconds and see if the passenger airbag off light comes on.. if it doesnt leave as it and move on.. if it still comes on.. reach over and grab the bladder and slowly tighten the zip ties a couple clicks each, then wait 20 seconds or so... then retighten until the light goes off. now snip off the ends of the zip ties..

i then tucked the bladded under carpet right under the butt of the seat... you'll feel a foam piece in there.. if u took this out you would have uber room but i already had room under seat so i just forced it in...

next you will see my Nismo bypass harness used to cancel out the airbag light.. you can also use a 2.2ohm resistor (not 2.2K, 2.2ohm the colors on the resistor should read: RED RED GOLD GOLD this means 2.2ohm, all resistors are marked with their ohmage on the actualy resistor)

now everything tucked under you will see a little buldge where the bladder is hidden

voila... everything you needed to know about SRS light reset and weight sensor.

riley
I have a Canadian 2004 ZR and the SRS light came on and blinked for the last couple days when I drove. I tried the procedure posted by rijowysock and it did not work as described. A couple other people also posted that it didn't work for them. When my key is in ACC position, there is no warning lights on the dash at all. May be the instructions are for a later model Z? I got hold of a shop manual and found this to work for me:

1. Turn ignition switch ON (note: ON means the key is in the position between “ACC” and “Start” where you crank the engine. If you have it correctly all the warning lights on your dash will light up including SRS).
2. After “AIR BAG” warning lamp (and all the other warning lamps) lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second.
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat the steps 1 to 3 two more times (note: do this total 3 times).
5. Turn ignition switch ON. SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
Now you can record what you see the lamp pattern against the chart to determine what to do next.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:31 PM
stinger55?

I cannot follow these instructions, I must be inadequately equipped.