Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

rollcage retailer/installer in socal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 05:56 PM
speedform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rollcage retailer/installer in socal?

I'm thinking of putting a 4 point cage in my car in the name of safety. Can anyone recommend a retailer in socal that sells such a kit and also suggest an experienced installer. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: rollcage retailer/installer in socal?

Originally posted by speedform
I'm thinking of putting a 4 point cage in my car in the name of safety. Can anyone recommend a retailer in socal that sells such a kit and also suggest an experienced installer. Thanks in advance.
Give kirk racing a call. Someone went in the buy with me to split on shipping.

www.kirkracing.com
Old 11-30-2004, 08:30 PM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just dropped my car off at Autopower (San Diego) today. They should have the prototype done by the end of this week, and production cages before Dec. 11 hopefully. www.autopowerindustries.com
Old 12-01-2004, 07:09 AM
jimster716

My friend's fabrication shop did my rollcage in Gardena. He doesn't do production kits...each one is done custom to customer specs. You might want to give him a call...his name is Mike. His contact info can be found at www.bulletfab.com.

Click Here for Pics
Old 12-01-2004, 07:11 AM
speedform

Default Re: Re: rollcage retailer/installer in socal?

Originally posted by Rickdogg
Give kirk racing a call. Someone went in the buy with me to split on shipping.

www.kirkracing.com
Rickdogg- I actually replied to your post on 350zmotoring about the shipping deal. Guess you found someone already. Hope you enjoy it and posts some pics after install please!
Old 12-01-2004, 08:10 AM
John

Originally posted by jimster716
My friend's fabrication shop did my rollcage in Gardena. He doesn't do production kits...each one is done custom to customer specs. You might want to give him a call...his name is Mike. His contact info can be found at www.bulletfab.com.

Click Here for Pics
That roll bar looks a lot like mine, except for two things. The one in the photos has two extra bars that connect the roll hoop to in front of the strut bar. Good design, but I needed to retain some trunk space. Only thing I don't like about the one in the photos is the angle of the roll hoop, which takes away A LOT of leg room. Mine is angled back a tad. But as mentioned, most welders will customize each bar per the specification provided by the customer.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:26 PM
speedform

Originally posted by John
That roll bar looks a lot like mine, except for two things. The one in the photos has two extra bars that connect the roll hoop to in front of the strut bar. Good design, but I needed to retain some trunk space. Only thing I don't like about the one in the photos is the angle of the roll hoop, which takes away A LOT of leg room. Mine is angled back a tad. But as mentioned, most welders will customize each bar per the specification provided by the customer.
John- your bar looks about right for me. It seems like your able to retain most of the luggage capacity. Very important if your going to the track using one Z with all your gear and a girlfriend.
Did Piper make your kit custom or is it a kit? What did they charge you. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:32 PM
John

Mine was custom, and after all the labor and materials, the total came out to about $900.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 PM
002-M-P

I'm planning on getting the kirk racing roll bar. Not sure if im gonna go with the 4-point bar or 6 point cage yet. You can get them as either prenotched weld-in or bolt in. I think they told me it was 400 for the 4point and 600 for the 6 point if i remember correctly. BTW it is all DOM tubing.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
raceboy
Banned

Word of warning on the Kirk. Be prepared to majorly reinforce the front mounting points. They are paper thin and I was practicly able to push the drill through without even turning it on!! Ultimatel we reinforced the entire area, but it was a *****. I would love to see what they did for the forward mounting points on that Bullit setup.