Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

I survived my first track day! The Z did GREAT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
qu8ttro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skidmarq
Oh no, it isn't that...I've been out there before, it is torture because I am so far from Seca!!!

Oh..my bad...haha there you go..even more reason to come back.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
qu8ttro

Originally Posted by davidv
Love the photo approaching the cone. The first time on the track is a eye opener. Congratulations.

Thanks david!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by qu8ttro
I haven't tried autocrossing yet...hmmm..should I?? hehe

Excellent idea. If the cones get in your way just run them over.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Gary King

He got all of that one! You can see the tears in his eye's!
Attached Thumbnails I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-carl-1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM
kognition

Hey i saw you there! You were the only Z at the track. I was there with one of my employees who had just finished his S13, we were actually the only S13 there lol. I might have taken some video of you actually. I will check. Perry said something about another one in January? Here i am powering up turn #5. Man that was a killer day i will never forget. I have a rhd S14 Silvia i am prepping for the Redline event at Button Willow next month. Look for our sponsored Z cars at that event! Steve Mott, and Scott Bush. Gonna tear some ish up next month!

I feel spoiled! My first track day was at Laguna Seca and driving the Z. Couldn't ask for more...well...maybe some better brakes. My brakes started to fade during my 4th session and I had to sit out the last session. Overall, I had a great experience! Found the racing line after the second session and keeped it pretty consistant all day (yes I was shocked too). I guess all those hours on the GT4 and Forza really paid off.

I've seen and driven (in games) the corkscrew numerous times but there is nothing like experiencing it in real life. I almost fainted when I went over the hill the first time. You really have to learn the track then have faith because you can NOT see the turn when you're going into it. I have a lot more respect for race car drivers now. Track days KICK ***!....and brakes

For those of you who live close enough but haven't driven Laguna yet....GO DO IT!!! You will not regret it.

Here are some pics from the track day. I was the only Z! There's one picture of my taking the wrong line going downt he corkscrew. Scary moment but I saved it. Enjoy!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
qu8ttro

If the cones get in your way just run them over.

haha I get scars like that just parking my car... I have a problem of pulling too far forward all the time
Old 11-06-2006, 08:34 PM
qu8ttro

Originally Posted by kognition
Hey i saw you there! You were the only Z at the track. I was there with one of my employees who had just finished his S13, we were actually the only S13 there lol. I might have taken some video of you actually. I will check. Perry said something about another one in January? Here i am powering up turn #5. Man that was a killer day i will never forget. I have a rhd S14 Silvia i am prepping for the Redline event at Button Willow next month. Look for our sponsored Z cars at that event! Steve Mott, and Scott Bush. Gonna tear some ish up next month!

Hey I remember seeing that car! It has a red top sr20det in it right?? Cool that someone on this board was there too Which class where you running in? Yeah that was a killer day...I didn't even make it out for the last session. I shouldve gotten a ride in the Carrera GT! Hey let me know if you find that video of me Isn't buttonwillow down by LA area? Good luck with the rhd s14!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:37 PM
knight_white99

Congrats on your first track day!

I ran out of brakes on my FIRST ever track session in the Z, so I know how you feel about the brakes!

Take a look at Rotora also if you are looking for a big brake kit. They stop my twin turbo car with authority every time.

If there is another track day there in January, I may have to make the trip up there and join you. I watched many motorcycle races there (when I lived in San Jose, another lifetime ago...), but I've never driven there.

I believe that Redline Time Attacks is planning on a time attack there sometime in 2007. If they have one, I plan to be there for that too. Should be a blast!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Omg... why did I click this thread? Now I'm going to have spend money on the next track day available... this looks like a blast!

-Acree
Old 11-06-2006, 08:44 PM
qu8ttro

Here are some pics of this poor c5 zo6. I heard the porsche in front of him blew his engine and spilled oil all over the track. The Z06 ran into the oil, spun and ran into the tire wall. sad sad
Attached Thumbnails I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-a.jpg   I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-b.jpg   I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-c.jpg   I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-d.jpg  
Old 11-06-2006, 08:53 PM
qu8ttro

Originally Posted by knight_white99
Congrats on your first track day!

I ran out of brakes on my FIRST ever track session in the Z, so I know how you feel about the brakes!

Take a look at Rotora also if you are looking for a big brake kit. They stop my twin turbo car with authority every time.

If there is another track day there in January, I may have to make the trip up there and join you. I watched many motorcycle races there (when I lived in San Jose, another lifetime ago...), but I've never driven there.

I believe that Redline Time Attacks is planning on a time attack there sometime in 2007. If they have one, I plan to be there for that too. Should be a blast!
I live in San Jose now..haha It would be cool to go back to Laguna with a bunch of my350z members
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
qu8ttro

Originally Posted by Acree
Omg... why did I click this thread? Now I'm going to have spend money on the next track day available... this looks like a blast!

-Acree
Must be a love/hate relationship. Love tracking but hate spending the money..haha
Old 11-06-2006, 09:09 PM
doskiez

You are spoiled that is one of my dream tracks to drive
Old 11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!! I miss the track...Nice driving skills too...your Z looks like it belongs out there all the time...

Oh, yes BBK is a must!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:14 PM
kognition

lol, yea that poor guy was standing out by the track entrance with his vette on a trailer, and the truck towing it had a flat. What buzzard luck! Yes the S13 had a redtop in it. Ran like a champ. We were running in "D intermediate".
Here are some more pics:

Here are some pics of this poor c5 zo6. I heard the porsche in front of him blew his engine and spilled oil all over the track. The Z06 ran into the oil, spun and ran into the tire wall. sad sad
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
qu8ttro

Here's a few more pics. love the Exige!
Attached Thumbnails I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-a.jpg   I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-b.jpg  

Last edited by qu8ttro; 11-06-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:15 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I went overboard w/ blue tape...LMAO
Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
qu8ttro

Here's a few more pics.
Attached Thumbnails I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-c.jpg   I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-a.jpg   I survived my first track day!  The Z did GREAT!-b.jpg  
Old 11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
qu8ttro

Originally Posted by doskiez
You are spoiled that is one of my dream tracks to drive

I know!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
qu8ttro

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
Congrats!! I miss the track...Nice driving skills too...your Z looks like it belongs out there all the time...

Oh, yes BBK is a must!

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: I survived my first track day! The Z did GREAT!