Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

5 "Z" cars at the Runoffs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:40 PM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I sure wouldn't call the Redline or GXP's underpowered.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:47 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

VO(subscribing)
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Ashley@Forged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-02-2007, 01:08 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nice power but they are a little dainty.....
Old 11-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SolScuba
Awww...solstices kick the 350Z's a$$ and they're suddenly chick cars. Amazing!!

no, it is trolls that sign onto a 350z board to brag about their car, and try to look like a internet warrior to his buddies on his own forum. after reading your comments here, then seeing your "bragging" and crap talking on your own forum, i see you are nothing but a troll and are not a true car enthusiast. i do not dog the solstice, i happen to think it is a decent car and performs pretty good as well. we know not everyone likes the 350Z, and again seeing the comemnts on your forum it is obvious no one has any "facts" on the Z, just what you heard or read in a magazine. so please, if you are just going to come over here trying to start crap just do yourself a favor and delete your account.

Originally Posted by perris
you REALLY don't want to go THERE, do you?

man, i was gonna stay out of this thread becuase even though I own a gxp I happen to agree with you guys, I think they need to add weight to the gxp for next season or come up with some other compensatin

but a comment like that one is really bizzare

you drive a rice burner, of all the 350z's I see almost all are driven by women or little boys

though I know there are women owners of the gxp I have never seen one.

a 350z owner calling the solstice a chick car is hysterical

pot, meet kettle

I'm not a member here and I enjoyed the thread, I said so on my forum where I said I agreed with you guys

but the flame bait from someone in a rice burner really got to me

I hope this thread gets back to the technical and philisophical discussion becuase it is a pretty good thread

let me make my opoligies here

I don't mean to come on your board and trash your car or the image of it but I'm just responding to a post that made no sense as far as the image of these perspective automobiles

not to worry about the solstice, the skyline is gonna kick EVERYONE'S butt
you seem like you are a decent person. so do us a favor and tell your troll buddy sol to just leave. yeah every board has a moron that has to make uneducated comments about another car, so far i have only seen one person do it here in this thread, so it is not like the entire forum is doing it (unlike that thread on your forum). if you want to stay technical and enjoy talking about good qualities of all cars, then stick around. if not, i will ask that you stay on your forum as well because we are already flooded with enough trolls and fanbois, we don't need more. and to get the stoy straight. the miata is the only true chick car around since the majority of solsitce and 350Z owners are male.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:17 PM
kwtoxman

I'd consider the base soltice dainty, and a chick car; that's what I think with the silver grills and 177 hp. But the gxp has blacked out grills, brake cooling ducts, and the intercooler opening giving a much better look that is more aggressive. I'm sure some people haven't noticed this on the gxp's.

The older 350Z 6 spoke rims were kinda feminine IMO. The newer 5 spokes are hawt.

Both are nice cars.

kw.....

Last edited by kwtoxman; 11-02-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:36 PM
kayfuNk
Banned

i've seen about 20 sol's since their release.. all with chics driving them. just observation.

the majority of 350z's i seen driven by women are convertable and poorly maintained... i.e. they said, I WANT THAT CAR DADDY, and got it. furthermore the solstice is definitely dainty.. it's small, ugly, and it just looks very cheaply made, afterall, it is GM.

just my 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM
turtle503

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my wife tells me my Z is a girl car thats when i back had her and say "WTF is wrong with you women!"

Originally Posted by zillinois
Couple of vids of T2 start and GT2. Broadband only. Right click and save.

t2.avi
t2-1.avi
GT 350z.avi
very good vids...
Old 11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
mpowers

perris your slightly out of line, I was being civil till homeboy coolcat350z had to make a rather rude comment. Then SolScuba decided to bandwagon on his buddy and defend him. But don't think I will let it slide when some one makes a rude comment.

I rather talk about the cars than just trash talk all night long, which is what I thought we were going to do.

I'm more into cars than brand loyal, now I have had two 350z and 13 other years Z's, so yes I do like the car a great deal. But for my personal race car I have a Factory Five Challenge Cobra running in NASA's ST2, so get off the american kick and stop trying to label us as ricers.

Were car guys just like you and if the Z was the big ticket this year at the runoffs everyone would have been driving them, even you.

And yes I hope the thread does go back on topic....

Mike
off my box
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM
SolScuba

Hey guys, I have nothing against Z's. In fact it'd probably be one of my top choices in cars. I'm sorry about being a lurker...it was kind of retarted!! Didn't mean to come over here and trash talk the Z, which I never did by the way. I wasn't the one who was saying that every Z I see is owned by a chick....blah blah blah!! Anyways, I just don't like how you guys are making accusations towards the solstice winning the T2. But yes, I do think the organization need to figure this out. No reason one car should be sweeping up the competition.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:33 PM
blck350

Originally Posted by perris
you REALLY don't want to go THERE, do you?

man, i was gonna stay out of this thread becuase even though I own a gxp I happen to agree with you guys, I think they need to add weight to the gxp for next season or come up with some other compensatin

but a comment like that one is really bizzare

you drive a rice burner, of all the 350z's I see almost all are driven by women or little boys

though I know there are women owners of the gxp I have never seen one.

a 350z owner calling the solstice a chick car is hysterical

pot, meet kettle

I'm not a member here and I enjoyed the thread, I said so on my forum where I said I agreed with you guys

but the flame bait from someone in a rice burner really got to me

I hope this thread gets back to the technical and philisophical discussion becuase it is a pretty good thread

let me make my opoligies here

I don't mean to come on your board and trash your car or the image of it but I'm just responding to a post that made no sense as far as the image of these perspective automobiles

not to worry about the solstice, the skyline is gonna kick EVERYONE'S butt

ok mr burger burner just keep hating in your girl car

the Z is a historical line of sports cars goin back to the 240 datsuns

you drive a little dainty women Chevy that isnt even a real Chevy (try gettn a vette monte carlo or camaro) if your gonna call any of us with Zs a rice burner how about you and your burger/fat burner (im workn on the american car name) go get a real domestic

drop a big block or small block in a real car make some serious power and then you get the right to talk about my car

i accept your apologies but if your gonna come talk trash why apologize say what you meen then be done with it

im asuming we both love cars so why even add to this im not even sure why i added to it

wishy washy....

enjoy the solstice
Old 11-02-2007, 08:48 PM
PedalFaster

Don't feed the trolls...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
mena661

Originally Posted by PedalFaster
Don't feed the trolls...
Maybe you should take your own advice.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Shadrackc

This from someone who had a GXP reserved. Loved the look, and the specs. Sat in it. I'm 6' 2" and 200 lbs. Immediate observations. Cheap feeling inside. Claustraphobic for someone my size. 5 speed truck manual transmission. Lousy manual top. No trunk space at all. Nice sounding engine. Factory XM. Told them to take it off reserve because my knees were hitting the steering wheel.
Went to a Nissan dealer at the recommendations of a friend. Looked at the Z. Sat in a Z. Ordered a Z. End of story. Not even close as far as feel, and to be honest, never had a car that gets so many looks.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
ULLLOSE

My buddy Dave Schotz, T2 #75 4th place fbody, had the Speed TV cameras in his car. He just sent me the DVD, which covers the whole race out of the front and back of the car. Watch Hines get owned on the start, Schotz got a real good jump. The first few laps are cool, Schotz dukes it out with a hack in a Sol , and takes him down. Then nothing till about half way when Dobson moves up, five laps of super tight racing the way it should be in T2. Had Dobson not had cam/diff problems I am sure this battle would have gone all the way till the end. If for no other reason than to see if they show the super tight battle for 4th between Schotz and Dobson, make sure you watch Speed at 12pm EA on Jan 9th.

Last edited by ULLLOSE; 11-09-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:09 PM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A LS1 can pull a VQ at the start of a race pretty easily. Back when Dave had the Yellow Bus it was fun to watch him at the start of the Cal Club T2, ITS, ITA race group. He would generally qualify 4th through 6th in the group, but at the start he would just bomb past everyone, two wheels in the dirt, and win the race to turn 1. By the end of the first or second lap Norris and a couple other ITS folks would have passed Dave and he would generally finish 3rd or 4th in the group - wining T2.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:42 PM
ULLLOSE

Yeah... There is that TQ thing.

I just mounted the tires and installed the fuel test port in the IT car... Hopefully Philip does not have to test out the cage next weekend.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:13 PM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does Phillip actually do any work on his own car?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by betamotorsports
Does Phillip actually do any work on his own car?
I don't think anyone here knows how to work on a car.. Not sure what they did before I came.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ULLLOSE
My buddy Dave Schotz, T2 #75 4th place fbody, had the Speed TV cameras in his car. He just sent me the DVD, which covers the whole race out of the front and back of the car. Watch Hines get owned on the start, Schotz got a real good jump. The first few laps are cool, Schotz dukes it out with a hack in a Sol , and takes him down. Then nothing till about half way when Dobson moves up, five laps of super tight racing the way it should be in T2. Had Dobson not had cam/diff problems I am sure this battle would have gone all the way till the end. If for no other reason than to see if they show the super tight battle for 4th between Schotz and Dobson, make sure you watch Speed at 12pm EA on Jan 9th.
Rob you got any video? If it weren't for the Solstices it was a great race. Notice Rob set the fastest non Solstice lap time in a 350Z. The shots of the first lap are pretty telling. The Knowles Solstice is so far ahead everyone he is the only car in the frames. Usually takes a few laps for gaps like this.

Quick Reply: 5 "Z" cars at the Runoffs