Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

5 "Z" cars at the Runoffs

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 AM
ULLLOSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmark
Rob you got any video? If it weren't for the Solstices it was a great race. Notice Rob set the fastest non Solstice lap time in a 350Z. The shots of the first lap are pretty telling. The Knowles Solstice is so far ahead everyone he is the only car in the frames. Usually takes a few laps for gaps like this.
If you did not see the thread on sccaforums there is more info... DK set his fastest lap of the race on lap 1. That is from a roll half way down the strait, with a full load of fuel , after that he was on cruise.

Yep, take the Sol out and it was a great race. Schotz told DK "we both know who won that race".
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I read that thread. Schotz drove a great race in the F Body. I would have liked to seen him and the Z's of Dobson/Hines go at it. Take the Sols away and you have a barn burner.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 AM
T2 EVO

Little clip of Jason H. from my front row seat at the Runoffs he did a great job of slamming the door on me going onto the front straight.
Marty

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xj4pb-P79a8

Last edited by T2 EVO; 11-23-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:56 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,299 Likes on 900 Posts

Nice clip- but it doesn't look like Jason really slammed the door on you! Under braking for that last turn it looked deceptively close. But he was already headed to the apex and had the line unless you wanted to try an overly optimistic pass there.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:20 PM
T2 EVO

Originally Posted by dkmura
Nice clip- but it doesn't look like Jason really slammed the door on you! Under braking for that last turn it looked deceptively close. But he was already headed to the apex and had the line unless you wanted to try an overly optimistic pass there.

I know you dont have the benefit of being in my car so its hard for you to accurately know what I know, but...earlier Jason went out wider so when I saw him go far right again, I figured he would not come in so quickly and so tight on the inner apex so I dove in, however he did because He knew Id jump inside of him. Had I known he would bring it in so quickly, Id have simply followed him deep (to the right) and run him down up the straight. Normally the 350s take the momentum line through 14, not the power line that he took. Its like a chess match out there and Jason did a great job fending Me off. BTW, I did the exact same thing Jason did
to Me earlier in the race to a GTO however He didnt slow and counter steer like I did and slammed into my back left bumper, glad I had awd to pull me out of it.

Marty