Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Bluegrass Motorsports Park ... Summer DE & Lapping (Early-bird pricing!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Stack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluegrass Motorsports Park July 31-Aug 2... Canceled :(

It pains me to do this, but I have to cancel this event. Interest high, registrations low, track readiness questionable = too many risks to run a proper event.

Thank you all for your interest and patience... hopefully we'll be back once the track is established.

Asphalt Ventures will be hosting a three-day drivers ed and lapping event at the new Bluegrass Motorsports Park facility in Sparta, KY ... hoping to get lots of "locals" at this exciting new track!

This will be my first foray outside of the mid-atlantic to host an event, so I'll be looking for instructor help and attendance help from those of you in the midwest, north-central, and even northeast. Any contacts would be helpful and appreciated (PM or email please so as not to clutter the thread.)

WHEN:
  • July 31st, August 1st, August 2nd (Fri/Sat/Sun)
WHERE:WHAT:
  • Friday ... Advanced and Instructor lapping/recon day. Novice HPDE 101 clinic & paced lapping NEW: HPDE101 open to roadsters!!
  • Saturday & Sunday ... Novice & Advanced HPDE, Advanced/Instructor Solo lapping
HOW MUCH?!
  • Friday Only ... $250 for advanced lapping, $75 for HPDE 101
  • Sat/Sun only ... $399 (Novice & Advanced run groups), $399 (Advanced and Solo, $449 w/instructor)
  • All Three Days ... $449 (Novice), $499 (Advanced & Solo, $549 w/instructor)
  • Instructors ... $100 for Sat/Sun, $150 for 3-days (discounts if willing to help out during HPDE 101 clinic) Instructors, please follow instructions on registration pages for becoming an approved instructor
THE DETAILS
This event will focus on seat time on this gorgeous new track. With elevation changes that rival the best, a brand new facility, and management who are eager to do this right ... this promises to be a great track destination and I'm very excited to be a part of the inaugural season. In fact, it looks like we're going to be THE FIRST event on the new track!!

There will basically three groups:
  • Novice - Includes beginners and intermediate level drivers with less than 6 or so events, includes an instructor. Passing zones will be enforced. Would equate to BMWCCA D or C group, NASA HPDE 1 & 2, etc.
  • Advanced - Includes upper intermediate and advanced drivers with 6-20 events, but with limited solo experience. An instructor is optional ($50) for this group. Passing will be on straights only. This group would equate to BMWCCA C & B, NASA HPDE 2 & 3, etc. Solo experience must be verifiable.
  • Solo/Instructor - Includes drivers with 20 or more events with plenty of solo experience (Optional instructor available.) Preferably open passing experience or race experience. Instructors will also use this group for track time. Passing will be allowed anywhere with a point. This group would equate to BMWCCA B & A, NASA HPDE4 & TT, club racers, etc.
On Friday, the lapping sessions will have passing on any straight with a point, so it's open to drivers who would qualify for either the Advanced group or the Solo group. The HPDE 101 clinic is open to anyone and includes classroom sessions, paced lapping sessions, and ride-along privileges. It's designed to give someone the experience/introduction of a track event without risk and expense. Lappers on Friday can expect about 4 hours of track time, HPDE 101 gets two classroom sessions, two 30 minute paced lapping sessions, and unlimited ride-alongs.

On Saturday & Sunday, the Novice and Advance groups can expect about 2 hours of track time each day plus classroom sessions, the Solo/Instructor group can expect about 4 hours of track time each day and an opportunity for some "roundtable" type discussion sessions with your peers.

Chuck Hawks, professional racing coach, will be joining us and leading all classroom sessions and the track walk on Friday.

Registration is being handled through MotorsportReg.com ...
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...6DCB9D99F7D3C0

UPDATE!! Host hotel information now available ... Microtel, Florence, KY ... details can be found on the website and the event registration pages ... https://www.asphaltventures.com/2009...ass_Event.html

Last edited by Stack; 07-08-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Received 718 Likes on 427 Posts

im down!

you could probably get a better hotel a lot closer in Sparta...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Stack

Originally Posted by ErkTheJerk73
im down!

you could probably get a better hotel a lot closer in Sparta...
Nope ... everything closer is booked solid due to the IRL race that Sunday at Kentucky Speedway
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Originally Posted by Stack
Nope ... everything closer is booked solid due to the IRL race that Sunday at Kentucky Speedway
i see, i would love to book this now, but that is 6 months in advance, no clue what will be going on in 6 months
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Stack

i see, i would love to book this now, but that is 6 months in advance, no clue what will be going on in 6 months
Sounds like someone needs to get their priorities straight

Unless you've got a baby comin' ... this means you now KNOW what's going on in 6 months!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
ErkTheJerk73

Sounds like someone needs to get their priorities straight

Unless you've got a baby comin' ... this means you now KNOW what's going on in 6 months!
no no no no no babies! please do not do that for me no curses! i know some other ppl who might be interested, this just going to be a Z thing or others invited?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Stack

no no no no no babies! please do not do that for me no curses! i know some other ppl who might be interested, this just going to be a Z thing or others invited?
LOL ... sorry bout that!

Definitely not just a Z thing ... everyone is welcome ... only stipulation so far has to do with convertibles (I don't allow 'em unless they have competition-approved 4-point roll bars or if it can be determined the stock hoops are structural and that they meet clearance requirements with a helmeted driver.)
Old 01-26-2009, 12:03 PM
ErkTheJerk73

LOL ... sorry bout that!

Definitely not just a Z thing ... everyone is welcome ... only stipulation so far has to do with convertibles (I don't allow 'em unless they have competition-approved 4-point roll bars or if it can be determined the stock hoops are structural and that they meet clearance requirements with a helmeted driver.)
are prices going up no matter what after the 31st?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 PM
rbfd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill be there on saturday, not sure what HPDE class I will be considered by then, but im assuming I wont need the 101 course.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by rbfd
Ill be there on saturday, not sure what HPDE class I will be considered by then, but im assuming I wont need the 101 course.
The 101 course is not mandatory for anyone ... it's basically only for someone who want's a taste, but really doesn't have any intention of doing a full event. It would be one step up in organization and speed from normal visitor parade laps, and the classroom time for it should be an eye opener for someone unfamiliar with the whole thing.

.... and yes, to answer the other post ... prices will be going up to regular pricing after the 31st.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Stack

OK EVERYONE!!

This event is STILL ON!! Contrary to some rumors going around, Bluegrass Motorsports Park is in great shape to be open in time for our event. All permits have been secured, the weather is now starting to cooperate, and volunteers have been working diligently to complete tire barriers and other structures needed for a safe track.

That said... we are cutting it close, and the only wild card right now is the weather. So I've put in place a safeguard for registration: when you register, you will complete the registration, credit card info and all... but your card will not be charged for the next two weeks while we get entries, and while the track makes the final push for readiness. We will assess the track condition on or about July 10th, and determine then 100% if the event will be a go/no-go. If it's a Go at that point, entries will be confirmed, and credit cards will be charged.

This will be THE FIRST event on this new and exciting facility, so get registered NOW!!

Pricing and details have been updated in the original post.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:32 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a great layout Stack. I hope you get lots of entries.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Stack

Originally Posted by jmark
Looks like a great layout Stack. I hope you get lots of entries.
Thanks Mark... me too! I'm taking a leap of faith here basically only having 5 weeks to get enough entries, but I think it's doable!

Looks like a great track too... very VIR/Road Atlanta-ish in terms of elevation changes and flow.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Morris

I will be there...Who else is attending?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Billhyco

need a couple testing days before Sept., how far of drive is this from VIR?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by Billhyco
Don't know exactly... my guess is from Burlington it would be about 8 hours, thought I've heard the drive to northern Kentucky isn't too bad (I've heard ranges from 6 to 8 hours from Raleigh/Durham)
Old 06-28-2009, 05:39 PM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone do the HPDE for $75. I would be interested in that to get my feet wet. Never been on a road course, just autox.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Morris

A long way!

LOL

Originally Posted by Billhyco
Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 AM
Stack

Originally Posted by mw9
Can anyone do the HPDE for $75. I would be interested in that to get my feet wet. Never been on a road course, just autox.
Yes, anyone can do the HPDE101 (which is the Friday-only $75 option.) And that's exactly what it's designed for: to give a much closer look at what an HPDE event entails. Anyone can also do the Beginner/Novice group weekend package. I'd of course recommend doing the three-day package that includes the HPDE101 AND the weekend beginner/novice full HPDE.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

planning on being there

Quick Reply: Bluegrass Motorsports Park ... Summer DE & Lapping (Early-bird pricing!)