Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Time attack in nashville

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
s2k2nismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time attack in nashville

anyone going to redline timeattack in Nashville next weekend? I will be competing ....... Won last year . Import alliance is going on at the same time, Should make for a fun weekend!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
BPRacer

I am planning on it, trying to get my shizzle together. What class do you run? Trying to figure out mine.... Stock, I think.

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM
s2k2nismo

Originally Posted by BPRacer
I am planning on it, trying to get my shizzle together. What class do you run? Trying to figure out mine.... Stock, I think.

Sounds like a lot of fun!
i'm running street class, i think you posted on timeattack forums, you dont have a cat.....if so modified is all you can run without a penalty. if its your first timeattack, i would stay in stock. but you can always run street, since you have some seat time at nashville. either way you will have fun. i'll stop and say hi.

Last edited by s2k2nismo; 07-17-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 AM
BPRacer

Near as I can gather, I am legal for RWD Street class with the exception of the cat. I think accepting a 1 sec penalty to stay in class is a much better alternative to running against the Modified class gtuys. Guess we will see when I get there... So we will be running with each other? Should be fun. Go Z!!! BTW the only experience I have at NSS is with cones on the track, TRSCCA autocross last November.... should be much more entertaining with those little suckers out of the way!

See you there!
Brian
Old 07-26-2009, 06:58 PM
s2k2nismo

Near as I can gather, I am legal for RWD Street class with the exception of the cat. I think accepting a 1 sec penalty to stay in class is a much better alternative to running against the Modified class gtuys. Guess we will see when I get there... So we will be running with each other? Should be fun. Go Z!!! BTW the only experience I have at NSS is with cones on the track, TRSCCA autocross last November.... should be much more entertaining with those little suckers out of the way!

See you there!
Brian
congrats brian. i see you won the stock class overall title, good job. i wish i could have made the trip, but we had an unexpected death in the family first redline event i missed in three years (east coast). will you make the trip to cmp?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM
BPRacer

Originally Posted by s2k2nismo
congrats brian. i see you won the stock class overall title, good job. i wish i could have made the trip, but we had an unexpected death in the family first redline event i missed in three years (east coast). will you make the trip to cmp?
Jeff,

RTA was a blast! I loved it, and am planning on CMP and possibly NJ after that. Sorry you didn't make it out, I looked for you. I must say, so far I am hooked! Are you a definate for CMP? I have never seen that track, so should be interesting.

Brian Flanagan
Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sorry to hear that. I figured it must have been something serious, for you guys not to attend. It wasnt the same without you all....seriously.

Hope everything is OK, and we'll see you at CMP.??
Old 07-31-2009, 08:44 PM
s2k2nismo

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I am sorry to hear that. I figured it must have been something serious, for you guys not to attend. It wasnt the same without you all....seriously.

Hope everything is OK, and we'll see you at CMP.??
CMP is a go looks like nick and i are the only 2 competing for the rest of the year though....
sharif, is it ok to give you a call on monday? i wanted to talk to you about the KW coilover set up on my car..........
brian, i will see u there, your times kicked *** in nashville. i won the event last year and you best my lap times by 2 seconds
my son and i are just glad to get back to the track, hell we got 1 track event in since summit point last year....ONE

Last edited by s2k2nismo; 07-31-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:07 PM
BPRacer

Thanks for the kind words, I was pedalling hard... The track is a lot more fun without all those autocross cones in the way! Still, true to form, I managed to hit one....

Sharif, you guys looked like a lot of fun. I was paddocked a few spots down from you guys, seemed like there was always a party in your area. Not to mention gratuitous near-nudity...

Requesting an opinion from you guys: I ran in Stock RWD in Nashville, which seems like the best fit for my car. However, with no contengencies paid for stock, and nearly no media coverage of the class, and pictures of every class winner except stock on the website, I'm getting the feeling that stock is somewhat the bastard stepchild class of RTA. My dilemma is this: Move up to Street RWD, where I am most definately underprepared, to run for contengency, or continue on in Stock RWD where I have a better chance to finish higher in the year end points but can't claim much other than bragging rights? If I were to seek some sort of sponsorship for next year, a winning record would certainly help. However, if I can win some swag this year... Hey, the budget is tight! What do you guys think?

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you guys and competing at CMP!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

CMP is a go looks like nick and i are the only 2 competing for the rest of the year though....
sharif, is it ok to give you a call on monday? i wanted to talk to you about the KW coilover set up on my car..........
brian, i will see u there, your times kicked *** in ONE
Sure...call anytime. I give priority to the track peoples.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Sharif, you guys looked like a lot of fun. I was paddocked a few spots down from you guys, seemed like there was always a party in your area. Not to mention gratuitous near-nudity...
Sandy is still struggling to differentiate between lingerie, and street clothing. Not sure I really want her to figure it out.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:09 PM
BPRacer

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Sandy is still struggling to differentiate between lingerie, and street clothing. Not sure I really want her to figure it out.
I'd vote no....