Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Forged Performance - Traqmate Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged Performance - Traqmate Products

Just wanted to let all the track savvy Nissan drivers know that we now carry Traqmate products

What is Traqmate?

The Traqmate is a vehicle data acquisition device that uses a high-speed GPS receiver and high resolution accelerometers to track and record the speed of a vehicle, its absolute location, and forces acting on the vehicle. The Track Systems Traqview analysis program uses advanced mathematical algorithms to translate this data into visual form where it is easy to spot differences between drivers, vehicles, and sessions.

Use Traqmate's unique modes such as Lapping, Drag Racing, Autocross, Braking, G-force, and GPS Compass to have fun, tune your car, or even find your way to the track! The Traqmate Display Unit doubles as a USB storage device so you can Replay Your Day quickly and easily.

Data Made Easy

Data acquisition has never been easier or more affordable. Installation consists of powering up, a GPS antenna, and some velcro. Analysis is as easy as choosing your runs and hitting the PLAY button on the Traqview screen.

Powerful Software

Our unique and powerful Traqview software maps the track showing your line through the turns, speed and G-forces as they happen, braking points, acceleration points, and detailed printable graphs of every data input. You can configure and add drivers, vehicles, and tracks, quickly upload sessions, and get immediate results. Share and Compare your laps against your friends, other racers, and even yourself. Use Drag and Drop Sector Analysis to see who is faster in which turns and why. Play back an entire race in real-time, fast-forward, single-step, and even reverse!

Multi-Car Playback

Multi-car Playback lets you create virtual races between different cars at different times on the same track. Zoom in to find out why your car was faster last time or why your friend is faster today. You can even create a Theorectical best lap based on segments, combined with video this instantly shows you how fast you can be....in theory Take your data acquisition to the next level with Traqmate Complete.

Professional Grade
Professional race teams can't live without data acquisition. They use it to hone the performance of their cars and drivers for that winning edge. Now you can too.

Features

* Drop and Go Stick a Traqmate in your car, turn it on, and collect data all day long. No sensors required.

* Replay Your Day Upload the data into Traqview. See your car on the track and your performance on the virtual dashboard. Instant Gratification See your lap times as they happen on the in-car display.

* Share and Compare Create virtual races with friends or with yourself from different sessions. Trade laps with your friends. Learn from them.

* Easy to Use No engineering degree required. The Traqmate Basic Unit has one button. What could be easier? The Traqmate Complete Display Unit is menu-driven with prompts in English. Just pick what you want no typing, no memorizing buttons.

* Analyze Zoom in on your lap. Single step to see G loads and speed. Compare braking and acceleration points between cars and drivers. Graph data vs. time and distance.

* Share Your Toys Loan your Traqmate to a friend or loan your car to a faster driver. Then compare their laps against your own. Even two drivers with equal laptimes can both learn from one another. Rugged Traqmate was designed to withstand the tough environment of a race car to give you years of service.

* Grow Want even more information? Add sensors for digital, analog, and tachometer inputs.

* It Gets Better Traqmates heart is a very powerful microprocessor so new features and functionality will be made available over time. Download new software from traqmate.com, reprogram the unit, and you are good to go.

BASIC Kit Pricing starts at $699.00

Call or PM for more details!

Last edited by Decker@Forged; 12-09-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Here's an example of how we've used Traqmate at our track sessions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqGucDknz1Y
Old 12-11-2009, 05:05 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Throw in the Dash reader, OBII inputs, and traqstudio for $499 and you got yourself a sale.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Who wants faster lap times?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Stillen Z

I have some questions:

- Why isn't the rev counter working?
- Can you get segment times along with your lap times?
- Will it tell you what gear you're in (maybe that's the readout between the speedo and the tach)?
- Can you readout brake and throttle application?
- Can you readout other data, such as oil, water and other fluid temps?

Last edited by Stillen Z; 12-16-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

With an OBDIIKey and interface all of that can be logged
Old 12-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Scott@Forged

Originally Posted by Stillen Z
I have some questions:

- Why isn't the rev counter working?
This is my Traqmate setup in a customer's car. You can use the OBD-II reader on some cars, or hook up one wire and it will get revs, but I was using the OBD-II port for the AP, and I don't usually wire cars that I'm only putting the Traqmate in temporarily.

- Can you get segment times along with your lap times?
Absolutely. You can segment the track any way you would like it. The Theoretical Best Lap (TBL) is EXTREMELY useful.

- Will it tell you what gear you're in (maybe that's the readout between the speedo and the tach)?
Yep, that's also an easy setup once you fee it the RPM.

- Can you readout brake and throttle application?
The software creates brake and throttle zones by acceleration. If you look in the speedo the little green light is throttle and the red light is braking.

- Can you readout other data, such as oil, water and other fluid temps?
I don't think the Traqmate has inputs for those yet...

Siegel
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Stillen Z

Is there any way to get brake and throttle application directly, rather than via gps?

I assume that except for lap times (and perhaps predictive lap times), it is necessary to transfer data to a computer in order to review it. How do you do that? Connect a cable? Remove a memory device from Traqmate and put it into a laptop?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

With the TraqData II expansion module you get 10 connection terminal block. Contacts are GND, RPM, Digitals 4 and 5, 12V sensor power, Analogs 0-3, and 5V Reference Voltage.

You can get Brake and throttle position from the TPS and Brake light outputs. RPM's can come from a OBDII translator or via a RPM direct conection. With the OBII translator you can alos get gear selection, and other data points.

Downloads to a PC or laptop are through a USB cable and using traqview
Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Scott@Forged

That TraqdataII thing is very cool:

http://store.traqmate.com/ProductDet...uctCode=890031

You can input TPS, brake switch, or even put a brake line pressure sensor in and connect it so you can record brake line pressure to see how hard you're pushing on the pedal.

There is a mini-usb port in the side of the display unit. You can download to a computer straight from there, or if you want to bring it somewhere to download it, the display unit of the traqmate is usually affixed to the car with velcro. There is just one wire that looks like a mouse wire that connects the display unit to the base unit. You just disconnect that one wire, pull it off the velcro, and bring it with you.

Siegel
Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Stillen Z

Thank you for the information.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I am so tired of watching track videos and watching these awesome cars fly by poor little 350z's. stop making me feel inferior! : P

(3rd vid this week! lol)
Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ 150k in a 350z will be quite fast
Old 12-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Go faster on the track with Traqmate!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Entaille
I am so tired of watching track videos and watching these awesome cars fly by poor little 350z's. stop making me feel inferior! : P

(3rd vid this week! lol)
It was actually a 370Z!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

even worse! lol
Old 12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Entaille
even worse! lol
If it makes you feel any better, we are prepping a customer's 370Z (100miles on the odo) for full Time Attack/NASA Racing. With a TT setup, sub 3000lb weight, and 550whp+ to the wheels it should have no problem walking all over the GT-R!

Stay tuned for more vids.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Happy New Year! Get better track times this year!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Wanna go faster? Let TraqMate help you out.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Decker@Forged
MY350Z.COM Sponsor

Think you're fast on the track? Think again ...

Use TraqMate to get faster times!

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - Traqmate Products