Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Performance Nissan and Mid Ohio PR

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Performance Nissan and Mid Ohio PR

PERFORMANCE NISSAN RACING ANNOUNCES NEW TECHNICAL PARTNER TRUCHOICE RACING SERVICES

July 22, 2004 – Rosamond CA

Starting at the Mid-Ohio round of the Grand-Am Cup season Truechoice Motorsports/KONI Racing Services will be onboard with Performance Nissan Racing.

Truechoice Motorsports/KONI Racing Services will be providing technical support for the development of a new Koni 2822 shock package for the team’s 350Z’s. All three of the team’s 350Z’s will be using the new Koni shocks.

Phil Harris, the owner of Truechoice Motorsports/KONI Racing Services, and Michael Rowe, the Koni service manager, will be on hand during the Mid-Ohio weekend to assist the team with development of the Koni shocks.

“This next step in our development of the 350Z is really exciting. We have had excellent handling all year with the 350Z and I feel the new Koni’s will be the edge we have been looking for to get the first win for the 350Z”, said Jackson Stewart, team manager.

Truechoice will also be working with Performance Nissan to develop and market a complete shock and spring package for street and enthusiast driven 350Z. The new street package will be available soon through the Performance Nissan parts website at www.performancenissanparts.com
<http://www.performancenissanparts.com/>. This new street package will draw on the data generated at the racetrack and on Truechoice’s years of experience with the Koni shocks.

Truechoice Motorsports/KONI Racing Services will join Stoptech Brake Systems, Tilton Engineering, and Sakata Motorsport Electronics/Motec as technical partners with Performance Nissan Racing in their pursuit of the Grand-Am Cup Championship.

The next round of the Grand Am Cup Series will be run at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course August 6th-8th. Go to www.grand-am.com for the complete schedule or to follow along with Zippo Live Timing and Scoring.

For more team information go to www.performancenissanracing.com
<http://www.performancenissanracing.com/>.

Contact Information

Melinda Stewart

Unitech Racing, Inc.

661 256-7870

goteam@performancenissanracing.com
Old 07-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Great news, Jeff. How many cars will you be running at Mid-Ohio?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

We are hoping for 3.... but due to the thrashing one of our cars took at the Glen, and the fricken BACK ORDERED parts from Nissan, it may only be two. We will see what happens these next few days.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:32 PM
dwnshift

Your two sets of sways that you guys ordered are coming. The delrin bushings are being machined now.
See you guys at Mid Ohio.

BJ@350EVO.com
Old 07-27-2004, 07:51 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, that's great news on the development and upcoming release of a matched spring and shock package for the street-driven Z. I'll look forward to hearing more about that.

Good luck at Mid-Ohio!

Gary
Old 07-28-2004, 05:04 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Alright BJ! This is your back yard and a tough track.... The pressure is on for you to bring one of these 350Z's to a victory!!!! We need to start getting these cars on top...
Old 07-28-2004, 05:23 AM
dwnshift

I love the preasure!

The next few rounds...the 350Z should do pretty well. The only one is Homestead where the Porsche have the upper hand. There are going to be soe big guns in the other cars this coming weekend as teams are starting to stock up chasing down the champ. points. JF is in the Doncster car ths coming weekend, Pete Halsmer is in an NSX. Kenny Wilden is back drivng something I think. With almost 60 cars in the GAC race its going to be important to get a clean lap qlfying.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:26 AM
John

This isn't the double-adjustable damper that was under development is it?

John, who is ready to dump his JICs.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:31 PM
ALong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff does this mean you are going to have several sets of used Moton's for sale? Let me know, I know someone who would be interested in buying a set

Alex
Old 07-29-2004, 04:41 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Yes, the Moton's are off the cars and are for sale. Call the following and let them know I refered you and said you will get a great deal on them being a my350Z Forum member. BUT... even a great deal is going to be $$$$

Melinda Stewart

Unitech Racing, Inc.

661 256-7870