Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Has anyone used the Grex or AP BBK?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Phrost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used the Grex or AP BBK?

I don't even have my 350z yet but I like to research into stuff long before I buy it.

I am planning on upgrading to a 6 piston front and 4 piston rear big break kit for circuit use.

I was wondering if anyone has used either the Grex or AP Racing by Stillen Brake Pros big break kits?

I figure that the AP Racing kits should perform well because AP Racing calipers are used on many professional race cars.

I also think that the Grex kit should perform good because GReddy always manages to put out great product. They also are very well priced compared to the other big brand name kits.

I know many people have gone with the Stop Tech kit but when I went to their booth at SEMA they did not impress in the slightest, not by their product but how I was treated.

I was looking at some of the other kits out there such as the Esprit, Project Mu, and Endless kits but they are all extremely highly priced. Their 6 piston front kits alone cost more then a 6 piston front and 4 piston rear kit from one of the previously mentioned companies.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Phrost

The Grex brakes are made by Alcon right?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:23 PM
al503

Originally posted by Phrost
The Grex brakes are made by Alcon right?
No. The GRex brakes are made in-house by GReddy. Alcon has no connection with them. GReddy does still offer the older GRex/Alcon front kit made by Alcon by special order.

I'm surprised at your experience with Stoptech. They have a strong presence on this forum and I've had very good experiences with their customer service on my questions in the past.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:19 AM
Phrost

Yeah I was surprised about Stoptech too.