Notices

DIY with pics: LED Center Map + Trunk Lights Luxeon Stars :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
R350Zz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Linuxglobal
I made these so bright i wouldnt need floor lights, i thought about adding those in first.

As for the visors, they are premade SMD strips, very thin with leds soldered on. The strips were directly soldered to the original socket. Ill take a pic when i remove the plastic. The visors are prob very unreliable/most likely to burn out but i never use them so its just for kicks

The others are uber bright and use drivers so im all set

BTW blue is a terrible way to go, try to avoid it if you can. I never understood people who make their whole interior hyper blue, all unevenly lit, hotspots in the cluster. It looks terrible in the after pics IMO. Unless its done right with the proper leds and controllers, its not worth doing.

My next project are the under mirror courtesy lights, i found a way to hide them in nicely, practicality isnt really there hence the delay for those.
the whole reason im doing blue is its my accent color. My seats have blue piping My floor mats have big blue Z's on them and my calipers are blue i think the black and blue looks amazing toogeather
Old 12-02-2010, 07:47 AM
gixxerthekid

Originally Posted by Linuxglobal
The current setup that is in my car is around 65$ worth of parts, thats without any labour

I looked into cheaper leds but then they would probably burn out so theres no point. I may just work on a superflux alternative board that would be significant cheaper in parts. It may Fill in the area better too

Lumileds Superflux are cheaper as an led, still reliable, do not need controllers (just voltage regulators LM317). I may just sell the boards with everything attached for the superflux and people can pop them in.

Superflux would be around 35$ for everything for both sides with 10-15 leds per side and regulators included.

This is what an Sflux board looks like, this is a chinese one but the one i would make would be handmade with lumileds leds that will not burn out. It will be shaped for the Z light housing. I may still be able to fit a diffuser lens like the luxeon, the lenses work on all types of leds.

Ill do some bench tests this weekend with the Sflux and update this thread

C
Ok whats your time worth then... I would like to have you make me a set of map lights.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:24 AM
agunter33

CoolZ