Notices

SPC Toe Bolt install write up with pics courtesy of Protocav.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the kits im looking at online says it includes 4 bolts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...158549736&rd=1

right under the pic it states "includes 4 bolts, you will recieve 2 for each side" weirddd.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:21 AM
redlude97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z

right under the pic it states "includes 4 bolts, you will recieve 2 for each side" weirddd.
Do you have camber arms already? The SPC/Eibach kit comes with the arms and toe bolts in one kit, if you already have arms and need just the toe bolts, you can purchase that kit which has 4, and then sell two of them. The reason that kit has 4 is that you can install 2 of them on the ends of the stock camber arm to allow for some added camber adjustment instead of using the adjustable camber arms if your camber isn't too far out of spec
Old 01-12-2008, 04:12 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

good write up
Old 01-12-2008, 05:53 PM
citymunky

Originally Posted by marques1
good write up
+1

You just saved my some money.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't look to difficult to install.....my next mod
Old 01-16-2008, 05:44 AM
jdepe

yeah the install wasnt too bad. i did it myself. just make sure you take your time when placing the template so that you get it just right . i was nerves too, just cutting into a 40k car like that. lol
Old 02-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Cost a G

I know most people are using the spc unit to get the rears back into spec, but who are using it to run more negative camber? Can toe still be corrected if we're running more neg camber?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Celestak

^ +10000
Old 02-03-2008, 11:55 AM
redlude97

Originally Posted by Cost a G
I know most people are using the spc unit to get the rears back into spec, but who are using it to run more negative camber? Can toe still be corrected if we're running more neg camber?
Yes, the toe actually gets worse as you decrease the negative camber(more positive) which is why the eccentric bolts are needed. If you run more negative camber, then the toe bolts should have no problem getting your toe in spec
Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
pulpz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trescincuenta
I already have the kinetix camber arms installed. But I cannot get the camber to a low setting because the facotry toe bolt does not give sufficient adjustment to bring the toe back to spec when the camber is where I would want it.

If I purchase the adjustable traction/toe rods they also sell (which the also sell together as a kit) I should be able to bring the toe into spec when I have the camber where I want it correct?

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
The traction/toe bars may help get the toe into spec but will have an affect on wheels caster which you cannot then correct. The only PROPER way to adjust toe on this car is with new toe bolts like the SPC units this write up is about.
I had the Kinetix arms also....but after double checking the lengths of the toe/traction arms I realized that the shop over extended (beyond Kinetix spec for safe operation) one toe arm to bring the toe back inline for my camber arm/toe bolt setting. This created a dangerous situation - over extended toe arm and over stressed camber arm.

My plan is to remove the Kinetix arms and re-install the factory traction arm and SPC camber arm/toe bolt. Install is in process.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:45 AM
pulpz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trescincuenta
I already have the kinetix camber arms installed. But I cannot get the camber to a low setting because the facotry toe bolt does not give sufficient adjustment to bring the toe back to spec when the camber is where I would want it.

If I purchase the adjustable traction/toe rods they also sell (which the also sell together as a kit) I should be able to bring the toe into spec when I have the camber where I want it correct?

The traction/toe bars may help get the toe into spec but will have an affect on wheels caster which you cannot then correct. The only PROPER way to adjust toe on this car is with new toe bolts like the SPC units this write up is about.
I had the Kinetix arms also....but after double checking the lengths of the toe/traction arms I realized that the shop over extended (beyond Kinetix spec for safe operation) one toe arm to bring the toe back inline for my camber arm/toe bolt setting. This created a dangerous situation - over extended toe arm and over stressed camber arm.

My plan is to remove the Kinetix arms and re-install the factory traction arm and SPC camber arm/toe bolt. Install is in process.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by pulpz2
Quote:

Which is EXACTLY why i made that post. The only proper way to bring the toe back is via the SPC toe bolts. Tractions arms will get you there but will throw off other important alignment settings to do so..
Old 02-18-2008, 08:55 AM
redlude97

Which is EXACTLY why i made that post. The only proper way to bring the toe back is via the SPC toe bolts. Tractions arms will get you there but will throw off other important alignment settings to do so..
You forgot SPL midlinks and battleversion toe arms for true coilover setups
Old 02-18-2008, 01:18 PM
ambo

Originally Posted by drift_projekt_Z

I already have stillen camber and toe kits installed. Are these bolts compatible with them? Also, anyone know of a shop in AZ that would be able to install these??
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by ambo
I already have stillen camber and toe kits installed. Are these bolts compatible with them? Also, anyone know of a shop in AZ that would be able to install these??
yes, they are compatible
Old 03-20-2008, 04:17 AM
koolzero

I installed my toe bolt last night but I'm wondering how perfect the hole needs to be grinded? They aren't exactly equal on both sides. Do I need to re grind them if the aren't perfect. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 PM
johzp

Okay I have a question, I did not receive a template from my kit, anyone kind enough to scan one for me?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:23 AM
BeerViper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for this post ... I searched everywhere on g35driver for this DIY and couldn't find anything, sweet!
Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 AM
pancho05tyco

so regardless of what year Z you have, you must elongate the slot?
Old 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
minispider

subscribing

Quick Reply: SPC Toe Bolt install write up with pics courtesy of Protocav.