Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alignment shop recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:05 PM
FairLady350zZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment shop recommendations?

I just installed my SPC rear camber rods with toe bolts today. The car is lowered with Tanabe Sustec GF210's which lower my car 1 in the front and 1.25 in the rear. I recently sold my 19" TE37s and am awaiting for my SF Challlenges in Gold to come in. Its the longest wait of life! Anyways, I went to Nissan with my stock 17's and I also tried Sears and neither shop can get my car up on the alignment rack.......they are telling me that the car is too low! Its aparently scrapping the black under body lip that is attached to out front bumpers. Please help!! Has anyone out there had this problem and where did you guys end up going to get your car's alignment done at? My friend with his black 6sp G35 lowered on Tein S-Techs had no problem going to Sears for his, but I guess my Z wont get on that D@MN lift.....
Old 02-16-2005, 03:52 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to diverge,

But how difficult was it to install your SPC rods and toe bolts? What spec did you torque (lbs) the bolts at?

Someone mentioned that shops will charge more to allign if you have wider ranged adjustable cambers? I hope I'm completely wrong because I'm going in for alignment as soon as I install a camber kit.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:35 PM
FairLady350zZ

I know this isnt the answering you're looking for, but me and my buddy did it and we were'nt sure ourselves. We just hand tightened them until we couldnt anymore.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:23 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it's fine, I'm sure someone will eventually come around and chime in. It's good to have this kind of info for people to pull up on their searches.

As for the alignment shop, you might want to ask this question in the regional forums since the best shops will be in your area. I can't think of nation wide alignment/ tireshop chains that are consistent.

9/10 people who click on this thread are probably across the country. Give the regional section a try and those guys who've had their Z's done can help you out.

Let us know how it goes with the camber/ bolts. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:47 PM
richie

i just got my s techs and SPC camber arm/bolts installed...couldnt get my car on the alignment rack either without some help.

Best thing to do is stop by home depot or something and buy some 2x6s or something. You'll be able to get it on the rack after that.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:22 PM
FairLady350zZ

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try the regional forums and let you guys know how the camber arms/bolts align once I get it done....
Old 03-01-2005, 01:57 PM
predikt

I just got my alignment done and i my car is lowered with about an 1-finger gap from top of the wheel to the body of the car. The alignment shop just put two thin boards on the wheel ramps for each wheel so it helped on the clearance. Hopefully regional members can help you out. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 AM
FairLady350zZ

Thanks for the info bro. I found this shop that can do it because they have a drive on ramp that is kinda in ground, but they want $89-$149 to do the alignment. Also he had recommended that I wait until I get my Challenges because they are different offsets, weight and size rim that camber will be slightly different. Is this true?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by FairLady350zZ
Thanks for the info bro. I found this shop that can do it because they have a drive on ramp that is kinda in ground, but they want $89-$149 to do the alignment. Also he had recommended that I wait until I get my Challenges because they are different offsets, weight and size rim that camber will be slightly different. Is this true?
yes that is true, but I don't know if it would be a measurable difference.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:14 AM
predikt

Originally posted by FairLady350zZ
You're welcome, no problem. I paid $85 for mine and this was in california. I got quoted from another shop for $100. I asked the alignment guy if I were to go up in wheel size if this will effect alignment, he says no because you end up decreasing tire diameter so overall diameter stays the same for wheel and tire that matches stock.

They did say offset may effect alignment though if they are very different from stock setup. I think paying up to $150 is high. Try to find a shop that has done alignment on the Z before although I think all cars are pretty much the same but I'm not an expert so I'm not certain. Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:08 PM
FairLady350zZ

thanks for the info, ill check around and if all else fails, i guess im going to that place that i found since no one here seems to know where local to goto for alignments..