Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 07:30 PM
GregGSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture time!!!

Old 05-31-2005, 07:34 PM
GregGSC

We don't have time to fit them on the car till next weekend but as soon as we do i will have some install shots and a little write up for all
Old 05-31-2005, 07:39 PM
2003z

Originally Posted by KSPORT
Maybe you should get rid of your 350z since there was a recall on the cooling system in 2003, does that show a lack of R&D on nissans part, it wouldnt to me because they corrected the problem.
I'm on your side, but where did you come up with this cooling system recall?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

jesus from the % ratings those sounds like some seriously stiff shocks albeit I would expect some ultra fast corner handling and follow thru to be possible with some equally matched soft sticky tires. What are the lb ratings on these shocks versus the Kg rating given?

Forgive my negligence on carefully reading the thread, but these shocks do use the stock shock locations right? Or if not, what modifications are necessary? I'm potentially looking for some serious shocks and sways to really start using to play in the Colorado mountains with, but I'm a suspension idiot. Since the shocks have the springs built in, is there any kind of incurred ride drop, or do they retain stock ride height? Anyhow I look foward to your guys's honest review on these shocks... subscribing
Old 06-04-2005, 11:54 PM
350ed
Professional

Thanks Greg, they look nice.
As you should know you cannot compare a monotube design to a twin tube design such as tein, a higher spring rate on our system will feel the same as lower spring rates on other systems, as alot of factors come into play.
I don't think you'll sell many at those spring rates unless that is true.
Greg, you mentioned possible custom springs if it was too stiff???

Bump for more info.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
twenzel

bump for interest... Looks like a good design. Perhaps softer spring option the rear would help sell your product. If the testing goes well then sweet. If not then at least no one lost any money on this deal. I can't understand why someone can get so defensive on something they have never tested.

KSPORT: Nevermind the sheep who think there is only one way to do something. Engineers would have no job if that was so. Also, a lighter weight rear lower control arm replacement would be a nice addition to the package. Maybe something that adds rear camber adjustment. Since there is no need for a spring in the facotory location there is no need for that huge thing anymore.

Keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 AM
GregGSC

15/13 is right on the spring rate and it is a bit heavy. here is the lbs 838.75 and 726.70 this is ruffly double the stock rate.

These will not go on the car until next week as we are installing our Dyno this week and the shop is well a mess.
Greg
Old 06-09-2005, 03:56 AM
egsmachine

Default Cooling Recall

Originally Posted by 2003z
I'm on your side, but where did you come up with this cooling system recall?

from NHTSA.DoT.Gov
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...callsearch.cfm

Make : NISSAN Model : 350Z Year : 2003
Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 03V455000 Recall Date : NOV 04, 2003
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 630000
Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.
Consequence:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
Notes:
NISSAN RECALL NO. R3022/INFINITI RECALL NO. R3021. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).
Old 06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
KSPORT

I will look into the rear control arm as a possiblity, camber adj if possible. The spring rates cannot be compared to stock, as the design is completlye different, and minus the progressive rate in the stock springs they will act differently as well. also the length of the spring, design of the tube, top mount design, nitrogen pressure, valving ect.. make the rates feel different than they are. Plus moving the mounting point for the spring will change the forumla for spring rates in the rear. Typically twin tube designs on other brands use alot lower rate than a monotube design, and they feel the same. If anyone here is from houston, and will be at formula D this weekend they can see the setup, and see how it handles on the course.

I knew about the cooling system recall from the car we ran was recalled for it.

and they bolt into stock locations, no customization is needed at all.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:26 PM
twenzel

If anyone here is from houston, and will be at formula D this weekend they can see the setup, and see how it handles on the course.

Illphil and myself from this forum will be there! I will be excited to check it out. Hopefully I can get up close to see how it looks installed. I can't wait for the fun tomorrow!

-T

Last edited by twenzel; 06-10-2005 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:37 PM
daytona350z

I will look into the rear control arm as a possiblity, camber adj if possible.
i know alex pfiefer (driver of the rsr s2000) is working on a complete new arm for us z/g owners with coilovers in the rear. his stuff is top quality and race proven. i saw a prototype arm at the shop the other day and it looked really nice. it looks like it will offer more than enough toe adjustment that we need. he also makes a nice set camber arms for our Z.

i think toe is the only thing adjustable from the lower control arm and camber is obviously only tuned by the actual camber arm.

here is his site: www.battleversion.com
Old 06-11-2005, 05:48 AM
2003z

Originally Posted by egsmachine
aahh, the infamous crank sensor recall. didn't know the official name was a cooling system recall though, thanks!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:19 PM
twenzel

bump for updates
Old 06-15-2005, 11:42 PM
350ed
Professional

Double bump.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:41 AM
twenzel

bizump for updates...
Old 06-18-2005, 06:46 AM
twenzel

just bought the coilovers from the groupbuycenter.com for $925. I will post my review once installed.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:30 PM
illphil

Word.... damn even that price is tempting me now Tony.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:22 PM
twenzel

just an observation but this setup has no front brake line holders... Looks like zip ties will have to be used.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:04 AM
MyNismoRoadster

Where do i start on this one....

There are other brands, that come with the single unit rear combination, cusco is one for example. If we found a design that customers like, and rides better than the seperate units, why is that bad. Should we wait until other companies design first to manufacture this design.

Where on earth did you hear D2=Ksport, that is farthest from the truth. If you look at our designes side by side you would be able to tell, although other brands are "assembled" at the same factory as Ksport, our engineers developed our own valving, specs, spring rates, and we have our own choise of manufacturers for parts. All our metal is from Japan, all very high quality, all rubber parts, o rings ect.. are made by nox japan, as you should know is the best, and most expensive rubber manufacturer in japan.

If you think any of the you mentioned above are better, i would like to know why, just because they are popular, or overcharge for systems does not mean they are better. If you had any idea where some of the products were made you wouldnt be saying that. Or maybe many are similar in design because they are made at the same factory.

I would love for you to show where this design has been purchased for $650 which is impossible, unless a company was whoring out their inventory. especially since the design change this year.

As you should know you cannot compare a monotube design to a twin tube design such as tein, a higher spring rate on our system will feel the same as lower spring rates on other systems, as alot of factors come into play.

We back our products 100 percent, and have "never" had one defective unit in over 3 years. We have track tested the 350z design for hundreds of hours at formula D competitions, and other events across the nation. Im not going to knock other brands, i am just saying our quality is excellent, and out of thousads of units sold across the world, we have never had one defective unit.

Thank you.

D2 is the same as KSport or at least affiliated in taiwan....here is solid proof, notice the D2 logo on the hood and yet the Ksprt logo on the fender. Isnt that a little too odd?
Old 06-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, go figure, a racing team listed the parts on the car. KSport makes more than just coilovers, use your brain. (j/k)

Quick Reply: New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!