Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:32 PM
racin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanted to make sure that it was known that a continuation of this topic was started here:
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/135052-d2-racing-coilovers.html

Right near the bottom, I posted this:

I drove Jetpilot's car tonight and can say that the ride was acceptable to me, even over some rough spots in our normally very nicely paved roads. While you feel added taughtness, it seems that the shocks do absorb the motions in a fairly well controlled manner. If I would change anything at all, it would be (maybe) to adjust low speed rebound damping, but only just a real smidge. It was not harsh in any way, and I could live with it day to day. I'm fairly impressed so far. Didn't drive it in any way to be able to gauge the performance aspects, but I may have the opportunity to ride in it at speed soon, and learn some more.

I may be his instructor at Sebring if he chooses the right date, and I'll be able to tell much more about how the setup works and what it should be able to withstand. My biggest concern is if the seals will hold up on the rough concrete sections of Sebring.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:31 AM
KSPORT

Originally Posted by nissansource
D2 and ksport coils i have had a set of the d2 coils exact same spec as the ksport just different color. we have tracked them on a 240sx. i wasnt impressed, took the car to streets of willow springs. car had a soggy feel. first hand info on the group buy is searchable and many first hand experiances on the 240sx forums. and ka24de forums. i think you can google ksport nico 240sx. many have got ripped off. its been awhile since i have been there but a personal friend also got ripped. the company had over 30k in group buy money with the ksport usa distributer in Arizona. but if you need a nice set of suspension components for the road use D2 or ksport. if you will be drifting and tracking id use a tien or progress. sorry about the quick reply im on my pocket pc and its hard to type
and you thin they are the same spec why? Did you dyno them both, and see who manufactures each of the internal pieces. Or is it because they are both assembled in Taiwan, along with most of the beloved JDM brands. We use only japanese steel, nox rubber rings, and every part is quality. We have only had 5 bad shocks in 2 years, which we think is very good, out of over 2000 kits sold around the world. Our branding may not be as well as other brands that have the same name as german telecom companies on european race cars, but our quality is excellent. We have never had any of the issues that are all over this board, nor any customer complain about the kit.

I dont post on here much anymore because sometimes it seems pointless, no matter what any manufacturer will say someone will say its a lie, or turn it around into something bad. Customers with our product have no complaints, and i guess that is all we can say.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally Posted by KSPORT
and you thin they are the same spec why? Did you dyno them both, and see who manufactures each of the internal pieces. Or is it because they are both assembled in Taiwan, along with most of the beloved JDM brands. We use only japanese steel, nox rubber rings, and every part is quality. We have only had 5 bad shocks in 2 years, which we think is very good, out of over 2000 kits sold around the world. Our branding may not be as well as other brands that have the same name as german telecom companies on european race cars, but our quality is excellent. We have never had any of the issues that are all over this board, nor any customer complain about the kit.

I dont post on here much anymore because sometimes it seems pointless, no matter what any manufacturer will say someone will say its a lie, or turn it around into something bad. Customers with our product have no complaints, and i guess that is all we can say.

is there more then one ksport or did you guys sell a bunch of crappy coilovers to nico members and cause all sorts of problems...
Old 08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
nissansource

The same user name on nico KSPORT took peoples money and then shut down the AZ company and started up another company. its basicly a small shop being able to distribute the coil over systems under the ksport name and then close its doors with the money in hand. not to sure but its all searchable via nico and google. I just wonder if its the same ****** that started the old company revamping the name again under a new name. BTW the police got involved and basicly said it was a legit operation and that when they filed chapt 11 they where safe and didnt have to refund money... something along those lines then again it could be a good ksport dealer now just ironic this ksport dealer is in AZ also like the last bastids
Old 08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

the coilovers were pieces of **** is all i know.

all i haveto do is let someone drive my car to sell a set of zeals