Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:09 AM
MyNismoRoadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Yeah, go figure, a racing team listed the parts on the car. KSport makes more than just coilovers, use your brain. (j/k)

yeah they make the same group of parts D2 does.......a coincidence? The applications for the vehicles is same too....in other words they make the same s**t....it just too coincidental, both companies make the same product for the same cars "36 way adjustable" and both claim they are the only one in the world with 36 way adjustable, specs are identicle.....AND FYI thats a D2's Racing team car.....why would you list a competitors product name on your race teams car if you make the same crap also??? Thats like a Toyo's Tire race car putting a Yokohama sticker on.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:21 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MyNismoRoadster
yeah they make the same group of parts D2 does.......a coincidence? The applications for the vehicles is same too....in other words they make the same s**t....it just too coincidental, both companies make the same product for the same cars "36 way adjustable" and both claim they are the only one in the world with 36 way adjustable, specs are identicle.....AND FYI thats a D2's Racing team car.....why would you list a competitors product name on your race teams car if you make the same crap also??? Thats like a Toyo's Tire race car putting a Yokohama sticker on.
Are you sure that's D2 Racing's team...why is it not completely purple?

I couldn't find D2 Racing's site, all I could find was a couple of sites that sell their products and all they had was coilovers.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:52 AM
MyNismoRoadster

I couldn't find D2 Racing's site, all I could find was a couple of sites that sell their products and all they had was coilovers.

here you go www.d2racing.com.tw all there racing cars are same color scheme...... here are where i found the pics: http://www.d2racing.com.tw/racing-team.htm

they also have a usa site www.d2racing.com
Old 06-19-2005, 10:54 AM
copba1t

you might be right, it could just be a coincidence that one car has a similar appearance...

ya, definitely

just

a

coincidence

(j/k)
Old 06-19-2005, 03:04 PM
twenzel

I would say they are the same company at least different companies selling the same rebadged parts. But for half the cost of regular monotube shocks, they can't be bad.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:02 PM
jcpeyton

subscribing
Old 06-19-2005, 10:51 PM
MyNismoRoadster

Well as for a review i def want to hear from Greg @ GSC on the reivew of this product!! Keep us posted as this is very interesting. I also think the spring rates are gonna make the Z ride like s**t! I wonder if you can use the springs offered by D2 since they offer soo many diff spring rates and they are basically the same thing.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:15 PM
KSPORT

[QUOTE=MyNismoRoadster]D2 is the same as KSport or at least affiliated in taiwan....here is solid proof, notice the D2 logo on the hood and yet the Ksprt logo on the fender. Isnt that a little too odd? [IMG]

Please read the post you quoted me on, our products are assembled in taiwan with other brands, therefore we do favors for each other. We do have apexi sponsor on our vehicle, and they make coilovers, endless is on the vehicle as well, but they make coilovers as well.

Yes different spring rates are available but not recommended, people with the Z33 that purchased thus far love the ride on it, alot of other factors come into the ride quality feel, besides the spring rate.

Last edited by KSPORT; 06-21-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:28 PM
GregGSC

guys i should have these on the car maybe next week if not the week after. It has to go to the body shop to get the lip and side skirts painted friday. I wanted to do it last weekend but a death in the family lead me to a funeral. We have a race this weekend but are shooting to have them on later next week.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:01 PM
MyNismoRoadster

[QUOTE=KSPORT]
Originally Posted by MyNismoRoadster
D2 is the same as KSport or at least affiliated in taiwan....here is solid proof, notice the D2 logo on the hood and yet the Ksprt logo on the fender. Isnt that a little too odd? [IMG]

Please read the post you quoted me on, our products are assembled in taiwan with other brands, therefore we do favors for each other. We do have apexi sponsor on our vehicle, and they make coilovers, endless is on the vehicle as well, but they make coilovers as well.

Yes different spring rates are available but not recommended, people with the Z33 that purchased thus far love the ride on it, alot of other factors come into the ride quality feel, besides the spring rate.

in other words you are saying its the same thing with a different name on it. And you obviously missed my point, Apex-i, Endless whatever makes many other things that you dont, i was pointing out the similarity that BOTH KSport AND D2 make same stuff for the same cars, in other words straight out, both companies make exact products offerings to each other while Apex or Endless or whoever does not. Both companies offer the same product with nothing different to benefit from. For example Apex-i makes boost controller, Endless does not, even tho both companies make coilovers they have something to differentiate themselfs. But whatever....

Last edited by MyNismoRoadster; 06-21-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:46 PM
twenzel

I cancelled my order until further notice.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did u cancel?

Respect
JET
Old 06-27-2005, 07:11 AM
phoenixZ33

Who cares if they're related to D2 or not. Let's just wait for a review once they're installed.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:26 PM
JETPILOT

Here is a link to a review Losing Grip II posted on the D2 Racing coilover with pics. You need to scroll down the page. He was pleased with them. And it seems D2 = KSport.

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/112798-suspension-faq-and-reviews-tech-info-tuning-and-reviews.html

Respect
JET
Old 06-30-2005, 08:09 AM
knight_white99

Just ordered a set of the D2 coilovers. So many spring rates available, even if the ones that come with the set are too stiff, you can order others to meet your needs. Plus, they are rebuildable in the USA.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 PM
350ed
Professional

Where did you order from that allowed custom rates?
Old 07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
knight_white99

Where did you order from that allowed custom rates?
Go to their website. Call their number and talk to Noah. He is very knowledgeable and was very helpful. However, you need to know what you are talking about and what you are looking for. He normally doesn't take retail orders. I had specific needs, which he helped me with. I bought the factory setup (as it only comes that way), but I also bought some other springs. I believe that the spring rates that come from the factory might be okay for all out track use, but they will be kidney pounders for anything else. I needed some slightly softer springs for open road racing (which happens on public highways, with all of the normal pavement cracks and bumps), and he helped me out. You can buy springs with rates from as low as 3.5 kg/mm up to 21 kg/mm. That is a HUGE range of spring rates. You can surely find something that meets your needs.

www.d2racing.com
Old 07-01-2005, 06:59 AM
nissansource

Just an FYI. there have been alot of scams resulting with Ksport Coils. If you look at some 240sx forums the official distributer for the USA didnt ship any of these coils out forced the shop to file chapt 11 due to people not reciving there product and not being able to give their money back. The Ksport coil is a very soft suspension setup even with the max setting. they are OK to do daily driving and some track events. but arnt a complete answer to a full perfect suspension
Old 07-01-2005, 07:02 AM
nissansource

btw these can be had by ordering over seas they are made by a no name similar to motoria avg price 400
Old 07-01-2005, 07:21 AM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by nissansource
The Ksport coil is a very soft suspension setup even with the max setting. they are OK to do daily driving and some track events. but arnt a complete answer to a full perfect suspension
Is this first hand info? You have a set on your own 350z? What is your experience with KSport?

Knight WHite 99 is talking about D2 not KSport. Lets not confuse the 2 here.

Respect
JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 07-01-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Quick Reply: New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!