Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

the best coil-overs for the money.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:10 AM
thawk408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by protocav
they certainly look linear. i would go with linear. yes, linear.

what is...linear.
A linear spring has a set springrate. A progressive spring has a range of springrates.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:19 AM
nissansource

Ill be buying a set of megan coils for a friends car... optionimports thanks for the price 899 shipped wow
Old 09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
jiaimZ

give us your opinions when it's installed, IMO if only one person says I've tryed them & they are good we'll see many and many z megan's equipped
Old 09-22-2005, 09:27 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by nissansource
Ill be buying a set of megan coils for a friends car... optionimports thanks for the price 899 shipped wow
Same. Tell us how you like them and what your impressions are.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:08 AM
anotheraznguy

i own a 240 as well...
and know quite a bit of 240 owners..
to be honest.
the megans are cheap in price..
if you are in a price point situation then by all means go for them...
but if you can acquire more money then by all means do save up and get something a little better.
i tend to stay away from jic and tein.
hks,buddy club, zeal are all awesome coils.
megans are good but a bit too bouncy even for street use.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:08 PM
mike2016
Sponsor
OptionImports.com

Originally Posted by Zexy
OptionImports, i see your opinion, but i'd say you're biased since you just promoted the product and are trying to sell it.

I'd go with ZEAL although they cost a leg and nut. But best for money i'd think Tein FLEX are best buck for money.
If you are a hardcore racer sure go with ZEAL, "best coilovers for the money" isn't for hardcore racers. real racers don't question about money they just want the best of the best.

Tein FLEX is going to run you $1500-1600, for this price range you have a lot more options to choose from, and much better than the FLEX imo. Does TEIN FLEX really justify its price ? $1500-1600 for an entry level suspension?

I would buy TEIN's Super racing or RS line coilovers if they ever come out with one for the Z.

i am not biased toward megan racing because we are selling it, they are in fact not cheap a$$ product. when we first started selling 240sx coilovers, we got the same response from people like this board. but as more people are willing to try them out, they are very well known for "best bang for the buck" coilovers now.

there are also S2000 guys riding on megan racing coilovers and have given positive feedbacks on them. check out www.S2ki.com

It's interesting but how can you be sure they are made on the same production line? witn the same quality controls?

what's megan's guaranty about the coilovers?
All their coilovers are guaranteed 1 year against manufacture defects, after 1 year you can buy replacement shocks

look at the apexi Ex-V N1 coilovers on their ads, and compare them to the megan ones, their EG, EK, S13, S14, DC5 are exactly the same, but Apexi hasn't start to carry other vehicles yet. better yet, the box and packaging are exactly the same as Megan. lol. and MADE IN TAIWAN.

The manufacture makes coilovers for many name brands, they are just labled differently (different stickers).

we should change the topic to "Best Coilovers for under $1k"