STOP TECH - 350Z / G35 Stage 2 Brake Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mojo powered
Jason, how did your stage 2 upgrade perform at the track compared to your current big brake kit? I'm just trying to see how much fade resistance stage 2 would give. Thanks.
This is how I would reply...

The weakest part of the factory brake system in order from weakest to strongest...

Brake Fluid
Pads
Rotors
Lines / Calipers

The Factory Brake Fluid has a low wet boiling point tempreture. Even if you bleed your brake system often, its boiling point is still not great, so you get a mushy pedal that goes to the floor after hard braking in a few corners...

The brake fluid is fixed with the Motul RBF600 which has one of the highest Dry and most importantly WET boiling tempretures...

Once you upgrade your fluid and it doesnt boil any more, the next thing is the pads start to fade.

The STOP TECH Stage 2 kit... It is mostly for daily driving / aggressive street driving... The Pads that are included with the kit (HAWK HPS) are very low dust and quiet, but, they do not have the initial bite of the factory pads, so in a track cituation, the instant you hit the brake pedal, it will take a split second for them to start to really grab...

We offer a brake kit that is basicly the same as the Stop Tech stage 2 kit but includes NISMO Brake Pads: The NISMO Brake Pads have amazing Initial Bite, the moment you hit the pedal they grab. Not only this, but their operating tempreture is from ambient tempreture up to 700º F . This makes a pad that is great cold as well as hot... The NISMO Pads are also extreemly low dust, and quiet, / easy on the rotors...

Next is the Rotors... Factory Rotors are vented front and rear, but, they are not the best... The Stop Tech have a better venting vein structure so while they are rotating at higher speeds they cool off quicker...

Slotted or Drilled doesnt really offer that much of a performance difference... But, generally, use slotted for hard aggressive use, drilled more for show... Drilled can crack when reaching high tempretures of the track...

Brake Lines will give you a more solid brake pedal feel when bled properly... You can get away with the stock ones, but why not if you are going to flush your system for the fluid...

Stock Calipers... They arent bad... They are single piston (2 piston on 06 350Z and 05 G35) and have a high clamping force... If you are going to track ALOT with your OEM calipers, it will be best to re-build especially the Rears... They tend to not do to well with alot of abuse, but it takes a good bit of track time to kill them...

Here is a link to our PNP Brake Kit which includes NISMO Pads...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=5797

Now here is an issue with the 2006 350Z / 2005 G35 with 2 piston front brakes...

There are NO high performance pads yet for this pad shape!

They do have Hawk HPS pads, but no HP+ and other high performance pads... no Nismo pads yet either I havent had a chance to see how the 06 factory pads are (YET)

I hope this helps!
Old 11-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

How much would be the StopTech Stage 2 Kit w/ the Nismo pads? What the difference between the StopTech slotted rotors and the PNP Slotted rotors?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

699.95 plus shipping...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=5797

they are very very very very similar....
Old 11-21-2005, 05:22 PM
spf4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As someone that was using Nismo brake pads, my 2 cents. I'm not a big fan of them. While they are low dust compared to the stock pads, they still produce a lot of dust, and because they are semi-metalic, expect the dust to look reddish/rusty. Also, in my case, the fitment of the pads was less than optimal, and I had to do quite a lot of filing to get them to fit onto the calipers. Performance wise, the pads felt pretty good on the street, but on the track, the pads fade rather quickly--a big disappointment.

My new pads are these: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/154513-endless-cc-x-brake-pad-impressions.html I'm pretty happy with them so far.

Jason, have you guys considered carrying these pads at your store?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

You have BREMBO Brakes...

The Pads are a little different on the Brembo then the NON brembo which this Stage 2 thread is referring to...

on the Brembo brakes they are not the best on the track as you said above...

non-brembo, its a little different...

We can get the endless pads as well, Ill list them on our site...
Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
spf4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that the non-Brembo Nismo pads fared better than the Brembo ones. Are the non-Brembo pads the same exact ones sold in Japan? The Brembo ones defintely look different compared to the JDM ones. Maybe that's where the difference comes from.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Not sure on the specifics of the compounds between the two...

Ive found that they work better on the NON Brembo then the Brembo... Its the same with the Hawk HPS pads...

It may be the same compound but with the added friction surface on the brembo it creates more heat so it fades easier?