Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Endless CC-X Brake Pad Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:02 PM
spf4000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endless CC-X Brake Pad Impressions

I installed a set of Endless CC-X pads a couple weeks ago on my Track Z, and I'm thoroughly impressed so far. First, my old brake pads were the Nismo R-compound pads. They were okay at best. They didn't handle the track very well--they faded quickly and were only few steps better than the stock pads, while having all the negatives of a semi-metallic compound.

Although I havent' taken the CC-Xs to the track yet (I'll be heading to Buttonwillow on 12/17), here is my initial impression with the new pads.

Install:

The pads fit beautifully into the Brembo calipers, and Install was a snap. The fit was just right-the pads slid right in, whereas the Nismo pads had to be filed down to fit correctly. I opted to not use the shims because 1. I like having a firmer pedal feel. 2. The front shims where looking pretty gnarly. I also installed new rotors this time around.

Feel:

After I bedded in the brakes and cooled them down, I tried several 80-5 mph emergency stops to test out the brakes. The pedal touch is firm, and the initial bite is excellent--it's neither too harsh nor too weak. The best way to describe them is that they inspire confidence. The brake feel is highly responsive, and it's easy to modulate the brakes.

Fade Resistance:

Even after repeated 80-5 stops, the brake pad performed flawlessly--Absolutely no fade whatsoever. In fact, the pad felt even better after several stops and the pad temperature stabilized. I can't wait to test out these pads at Buttonwillow to see how they hold up.

Braking Distance/Stopping Power:

Without actual size-by-side comparison, I can't say that the CC-X is better over the Nismos, but because of the responsiveness of the pads, I now feel more confident about late braking into a turn. One thing I do notice is that the brakes are now able to overpower the grip of the street tires very easily. Therefore, the new brake setup should be a great match for my semi-slick track tires.

Conclusion:

I'm very satisfied with the Endless CC-Xs. Yes, they are quite pricy for brake pads, but I think they are well worth it for the feel, stopping power, and fade resistance. I'm now completely satisfied with my brake set up, and I'm glad I tried these out before going with a big brake kit$$$! This set up should now stand up to the rigors of HPDE track days without any problems! I'll update the impression once I hit the track.
Attached Thumbnails Endless CC-X Brake Pad Impressions-sub7.jpg   Endless CC-X Brake Pad Impressions-ccx.jpg  
Old 11-21-2005, 11:16 AM
anotheraznguy

awesome.. can't wait to hear about the driving impressions on track.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:04 PM
spf4000

The more I'm on them, the better they feel. I can't wait to try them out on the track!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 AM
protocav

noise?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:19 AM
anotheraznguy

brake dust and pedal feel? how is that?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:35 PM
spf4000

I don't have any shims on, so there is a tiny noise as I'm creeping to a stop, but it doesn't bother me. I with shims on, I bet the noise will be non-existent. I'll let you know if the noise level increases as this pad ages.

After two weeks of driving, there is less dust than when I was using the stock pads, and also the Nismo pads. Also, the dust is black, so it does not stand out on my gun metal wheels. The Nismo pads' dust had a rust color, so it made my wheels look brown and yucky after a few weeks.

As for pedal feel, I couldn't ask for anything better--it's firm and easy to modulate. But pedal feel is a combination of pads, lines, and fluid, so I can't attribute it soley to the pads. I'm sure the fresh fluid is helping in the feel department. All I do know is that the current set up feels much better than the previous Nismo pads.

Previous

Nismo Brake Pads
OEM Rotors
Nismo Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motul Fluid

Now:

Endless Brake Pads
StopTech Slotted Rotors (OEM Direct Replacement)
Nismo Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motul Fluid
Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 PM
anotheraznguy

sweet.. hurry up and take it to the track.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice, let us know how they do on track day