Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need help: OEM Brembo swap for non brembo brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 01:13 PM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help: OEM Brembo swap for non brembo brakes

I just totaled my 2004 G35 coupe 6mt. I called the insurance adjustor and asked if I could take off all of my aftermarket mods since they're not covered under insurance and he said "sure".

I then asked if I could remove my Brembo calipers and put on OEM Infiniti calipers so that I could add the brembos onto my new 2006 G35 coupe and he said "sure".

So, I already have a line on a cheap set of OEM 2003 non brembo calipers but the guy reused his brackets so... the BIG QUESTION.

Will the OEM non brembo calipers fit onto the brackets for the OEM brembo brakes?

If not, what are the part numbers for the brackets for a G35 and I need to buy some ASAP!!!

PS- if anyone is selling their brackets (and/or) calipers, rotors and pads send me a PM.

TIA
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, the oem non brembo will fit...

i hope they really dont want those calipers back... we had some customers who wanted to do this, the insurance comapny knew the difference from what was on the track model and non...

there is no bracket... they bolt rite up to the spindles...

i have a full set of calipers / rotors / pads off my car... PM me offer
Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 AM
neffster

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
yes, the oem non brembo will fit...

i hope they really dont want those calipers back... we had some customers who wanted to do this, the insurance comapny knew the difference from what was on the track model and non...

there is no bracket... they bolt rite up to the spindles...

i have a full set of calipers / rotors / pads off my car... PM me offer
Jason, I plan on getting everything in WRITING today. With over $20,000 in mods on my car they might be thinking that these are non-oem calipers, I don't know. I'm gonna explain EVERYTHING to the guy today but I've been thru it w/ him yesterday once already.

Yeah, after researching I would need the spindles too. I'm hoping you're feeling a bit generous and will offer me a super insanely low price as I already have the calipers/pads/rotors for $100 thru a good friend who got the 2005 calipers/rotors/pads off of a new 2005 that added on a stoptech kit. Send me a PM and let me know what you could do to help as far as price. I'll repay you for the favor someday, some how... I promise. TIA
Old 12-02-2005, 03:45 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Like Jason says they bolt right up not sure what brackets the guy is talking about other than the ones used for the lines which don't matter.

As for manufacturer equipment not being for a specific model the insurance is not up to speed that much, when I had my accident and damaged two wheels they replaced the Rays I had on the car but the car was an enthusiast so it came with standard 17" wheels and that was one huge cost difference.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:53 AM
neffster

Good news. I just spoke with the insurance adjustor again and he totally understands that the brembos came on my car from the factory. He still said it would be OK for me to replace them with "OEM Infiniti Calipers, rotors and pads".

Jason, I'm gonna need those spindles so hopefully I can get a good deal from you.

I'll PM you with my phone number. BTW, I'm gonna need them sent out kind of soon if the price is right.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spindles? what spindles do you need?

all you need is caliper / pads / rotors...

i believe i have most of the caliper bolts, if not you can use the ones that are holding your brembo's on...