Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

brake question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
kangol99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake question

at 15k miles my pads are squeaking like crazy when I come to a stop. I'm also getting alot of vibration and noise when I brake. I'm buying satisfied pro ceramic pads F&R. Will turning my stock rotors and adding these new pads solve my brake issues? I called my dealer and they said NOT to use ceramic pads on stock rotors.....I don't know why it would matter, maybe they are just trying to get me to buy pads from them and do all the work.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:48 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kangol99
at 15k miles my pads are squeaking like crazy when I come to a stop. I'm also getting alot of vibration and noise when I brake. I'm buying satisfied pro ceramic pads F&R. Will turning my stock rotors and adding these new pads solve my brake issues? I called my dealer and they said NOT to use ceramic pads on stock rotors.....I don't know why it would matter, maybe they are just trying to get me to buy pads from them and do all the work.
satisfied brake products are good quality,you wont have any problems with that choice.much less brake dust to,try to have the rotors machined with a on the car lathe,itll stop the vibrations and it gives a better machined surface.dont forget to bed in the brakes after you install them.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, turning the rotors (or getting new ones) would get rid of the vibration. not sure about those particular ceramic pads, but any pads that are more aggressive, or designed for the track, will squeak and make grinding noises during light braking.