Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Time for new brake pads!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:50 AM
pimpsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for new brake pads!!!

Hi all, did a little search on brake pads and seems like its time for an update. I noticed some noise while hard braking tonite so I assume I need new pads and/or rotors. Anyhow, after some browsing, some of you are using Project MU and Hawk. Those that have used Hawk are not really satisfied so I'm leaning towards Project MU or EBC's Greenstuff. Anyone running EBC in their Z? What's your opinion? I'm also looking at Stoptech's stage 1 (Front and Rear Axxis brake pads, Front and Rear StopTech SS brake lines, 3 500mL bottles of Motul RBF600 DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid) for $300, dont know if that's a reasonable price. My Z is my daily driver and I don't do autocross so I'm hoping to save some $ while stopping without a fuss. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running Hawks right now and cannot wait to get rid of them. I have run EBC in the past and will be going back soon.

EBC Green stuff is not for the Z though unless you are a grandmother. Use the EBC Red Stuff compound and you will be very happy with the bite. I have also noticed less fade with the Red Stuff compound as compared to the Hawks.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 AM
SpeedRcr

i have the hawks on my brembos and I am about to put on my project mu pads soon...
Old 03-28-2006, 09:27 AM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pimpsta
Hi all, did a little search on brake pads and seems like its time for an update. I noticed some noise while hard braking tonite so I assume I need new pads and/or rotors. Anyhow, after some browsing, some of you are using Project MU and Hawk. Those that have used Hawk are not really satisfied so I'm leaning towards Project MU or EBC's Greenstuff. Anyone running EBC in their Z? What's your opinion? I'm also looking at Stoptech's stage 1 (Front and Rear Axxis brake pads, Front and Rear StopTech SS brake lines, 3 500mL bottles of Motul RBF600 DOT 4 synthetic brake fluid) for $300, dont know if that's a reasonable price. My Z is my daily driver and I don't do autocross so I'm hoping to save some $ while stopping without a fuss. Thanks in advance.
If you added everything together separately the StopTech Stage kit will come to a better deal.

The Axxis pads have great bite, high MOT for when you have the urge to do some spirited driving. These pads also work at the lower temperatures so they are great for the street. The fluid will raise the boiling point, and the lines will help stiffen up the brake pedal.